Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Tyre recommendation for C5 Allroad

  1. #1

    Default Tyre recommendation for C5 Allroad

    Hi there,

    Can anyone recommend a great tyre for the C5 Allroad?

    Looking at the Pirelli P7ao, but perhaps a bit dated now. Looking for a robust high performing tyre.

    Cheers
    Scott

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Canberra
    Posts
    2,389
    Thanked: 278

    Default

    I fitted a set of Pirelli Scorpion Verde all season tyres in 2019 just before I sold my allroad. In the time I had them on, I didn't have any issues and I did a fair bit of research at the time into something for lots of dirt road use. 2.5 years later I have no idea what is now on the market but you should be fine with those.
    C5 RS6: Sportec, Milltek & Wagner -- B5 RS4 : tastefully modified -- Audi 1.8 quattro 132 Kw -- UNIMOG 404 TLF8

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to IchBautAuto For This Useful Post:

    slidgett (December 24th, 2021)

  4. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IchBautAuto View Post
    I fitted a set of Pirelli Scorpion Verde all season tyres in 2019 just before I sold my allroad. In the time I had them on, I didn't have any issues and I did a fair bit of research at the time into something for lots of dirt road use. 2.5 years later I have no idea what is now on the market but you should be fine with those.
    Actually just looked at wife's 2013 Allroad and it on Verdes. They seem to be pretty good on it.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    9,976
    Thanked: 470

    Default

    Not familiar with the sizing on the C5 Allroad, but can you get a Michelin Pilot Sport 4 or 4S in your sizing?

    If so, that's what I'd be looking at.

  6. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Canberra
    Posts
    2,389
    Thanked: 278

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by slidgett View Post
    Hi there,

    Can anyone recommend a great tyre for the C5 Allroad?

    Looking at the Pirelli P7ao, but perhaps a bit dated now. Looking for a robust high performing tyre.

    Cheers
    Scott

    I took you at face value with your requirement for high performing rather than a high performance tyre. I use the pilot sport on my RS6 but wouldn't put them on a dirt road and then try any high performance driving. I don't think the casing is up to it.The bonus with an allroad is it's dirt road capability and for that you need the right tyre. If you are just sticking to the blacktop then Alister's recommendation is a top pick.
    C5 RS6: Sportec, Milltek & Wagner -- B5 RS4 : tastefully modified -- Audi 1.8 quattro 132 Kw -- UNIMOG 404 TLF8

  7. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IchBautAuto View Post
    I took you at face value with your requirement for high performing rather than a high performance tyre. I use the pilot sport on my RS6 but wouldn't put them on a dirt road and then try any high performance driving. I don't think the casing is up to it.The bonus with an allroad is it's dirt road capability and for that you need the right tyre. If you are just sticking to the blacktop then Alister's recommendation is a top pick.
    Thanks and agree with what you say. Verdes look like a good option for the use case.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  8. #7

    Default

    Have got the Pirellis on my Q5 and happy with the comfort/performance characteristics. Have run contis and Kumho in the past with no issues either.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to ML24WA For This Useful Post:

    slidgett (December 29th, 2021)

  10. #8

    Default

    I put a set of pirelli P zero rosso (non run-flat) on my C5 4.2 just before xmas in a slightly upsized 245/50/18. I get a little bit of rub on full lock but otherwise good. Just spent a couple of weeks towing a camper trailer, including some off roading and some sand driving. No issues at all with the tyres, they’re quiet, predictable and if they’re anything like the P7’s I had previously they should wear quite well too.

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to GlennV8ar For This Useful Post:

    slidgett (January 11th, 2022)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •