Thread: Q7 Battery Replacement

Default Q7 Battery Replacement

I have a 2014 (MY15) Q7 and need to replace the battery (it still has the original battery in it), is it possible to replace the battery and code it etc with a non genuine battery? I took it to a local auto electrician and they were unable to complete the job as the new battery did not have the code on it (so they put the original battery back in). The car still starts ok but I'll need to replace it in the near future.

Yea you can..is it an AGM battery?

Quote Originally Posted by ManuTT View Post
    Yea you can..is it an AGM battery?
    Yes, itís an AGM battery.

Do you know the guide to insert all the new battery specs?
    If you upgrade with a greater one, just update the Ah field..otherwise just change the last digit of the oem battery’s s/n

Quote Originally Posted by ManuTT View Post
    Do you know the guide to insert all the new battery specs?
    If you upgrade with a greater one, just update the Ah field..otherwise just change the last digit of the oem batteryís s/n
    Yes Iíve read a few procedures and watched a few YouTube vids. Iíll try changing the last digit of the OEM battery. Thanks for your help.

Important values are the Ah and the kind of battery due to the start/stop feature and gel..because the electronic needs to know how to charge the battery.
    battery name and serial number are irrelevant, that’s why just changing a digit is enough.
    then, if you want to be sure of the operation, just check (within next days) with a voltmeter with ignition on and engine on if Voltages are about 12+\- and 14 +\-