Thread: My experience with door 'puddle' entry lights

Default My experience with door 'puddle' entry lights

Hi members

Posting my experience with non-AUDI door lights for those that are interested.

LEDs that throw images, text etc are compatible with any models with an existing light panel on the bottom of the door card trim. It's an easy pop out and pop in change. Just be mindful that the power cable can be short and you may need to remove the door trim to free up more cable length or install it.

Primary 'issue' is the brightness and clarity (image definition) of the non-Audi lights - they're fuzzy and not visible in daylight.

Price difference for 4 doors is about $60 (non-Audi) versus $600+ (OEM Audi).

Puddle light comparison.jpgPuddle light comparison 2.jpg
    RS7 MY16 | Dynamic Pack | Black Styling Pack | Open to aftermarket ideas!
    Previous:
    S5 MY10 6MT|2012 facelift | OEM RS5 steering wheel | APR Stage III S.C. | APR Carbonio CF intake | APR RSC cat back exhaust | OEM RS5 Brembo brakes | Ohlins suspension NB: purchased with mods.

Whilst there is no doubt that the quality varies with the various aftermarket options, IMO you can't beat the quality of the OEM units. They are clear/crisp, have vivid colours and are made to last. Whilst the price of the OEM parts is a little hard to swallow for what they are, personally I would rather do it right the first time and not have to think about it again.

Very hard to swallow! I'm still weighing up whether to keep or return the aftermarket LEDs though I don't understand why aftermarket are so far behind. Thanks for the reply Alister. I've got myself ELSAwin and few other bits with the hope of approaching your level of knowledge.
    RS7 MY16 | Dynamic Pack | Black Styling Pack | Open to aftermarket ideas!
    Previous:
    S5 MY10 6MT|2012 facelift | OEM RS5 steering wheel | APR Stage III S.C. | APR Carbonio CF intake | APR RSC cat back exhaust | OEM RS5 Brembo brakes | Ohlins suspension NB: purchased with mods.

It depends from how cheap is the aftermarket..I’ve seen quite good led on some friend cars..obviously no-one is gonna pay that amount for a led so return them and try with another shop