Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Random chat thread

I watch V8/supercars for the driving, not the cars. I still enjoy it, lots of panel rubs and 'touching up' compared to F1 which I also watch..

I do watch some of the other stuff, but not as regular as the other two..

Sent from my SM-G985F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by luke gtr View Post
    How long will that go for?
    (Sarcasm)

But seriously, do you follow a specific team or driver?
    In this race, no-one in particular, but I suppose I was hoping an Aussie like Chaz or SVG (but He's a Kiwi!) would be successful I did watch the whole race, & whilst there were only 20 cars, I did enjoy it. This race was "unscheduled" because of Covid, so organizers have mentioned that next year's event will be back to normal, presumably with more entrants, I missed the Bentleys this year!
    Pickles.

So, yes, despite small numbers, I did enjoy the 12 Hour.
    But Supercars is what I really follow.
    My first car was a Ford, but then in the 80s we bought a Brock Commodore (currently own an HSV!), became involved with Brock & the HDT Owner's Club, & I guess it'd be fair to say, we follow the "Red" cars, but we also very much admired Marcos Ambrose, still do.
    There are some who don't like Supercars for whatever reason, not like the old days, this or that was better etc etc, but I feel it's just what we've got, & I REALLY do enjpy it. I got Foxtel for the race coverage & it's brilliant, and not just for the actual racing. Practice, qualifying, pit crew/driver interviews, how the cars are gradually "tuned up" from when they arrive at a circuit to actual race trim I find very interesting indeed, that part of the racing, qualifying etc can sometimes be more interesting than the actual race. Virtually everything on the car is adjustable! So Foxtel is just great, & NO ADS!.
    Plenty of people have tried to get other manufacturers, & Betty Klimenko founded Erebus to run Mercedes, but whilst the team lasted, the brand didn't,...I heard it said that Mercedes didn't want to see their brand knocked off by a Holden or Ford! And then there was Gary Rogers, who ran Volvo for a while.
    Would I like to see another brand involved?, absolutely I would, but they don't seem to be interested. But whilst we've only two brands for a while, Supercars is unique, it's recognized as one of the best Sedan Series on the Planet, F1 drivers love it, I've seen them lining pit lane watching it, & some have actually expressed a wish to drive one!
    Who do I follow? Well, really I don't think I follow anyone in particular, I really admire SVG, & Chaz is doing a great job for Walkinshaw, but if one of the lower drivers has a win I'm happy with that too!
    I'm not saying it's perfect, I'd love more brands, but it is what it is, it's what we've got,& I enjoy it.
    Pickles.

I will admit, I can't get into watching motorsports.
    But, I can't really get into watching any sport.
    I do like extreme sports(snowboarding, bmx/motorcycle tricks, etc), but I prefer to do the sport than watch it.

So long as you enjoy it, that's all that really matters.
    I use do watch when I was young(grew up in a GM household), but definitely grew out of it, despite my passion for cars.

I think it stems more to the cars being too similar, getting very close to nascar in terms of how close the set up appears(even though it might not be).

Has anyone here done a track day?
    If so, what were you driving?

Default Random chat thread

Quote Originally Posted by Pickles View Post
    So, yes, despite small numbers, I did enjoy the 12 Hour.
    But Supercars is what I really follow.
    My first car was a Ford, but then in the 80s we bought a Brock Commodore (currently own an HSV!), became involved with Brock & the HDT Owner's Club, & I guess it'd be fair to say, we follow the "Red" cars, but we also very much admired Marcos Ambrose, still do.
    There are some who don't like Supercars for whatever reason, not like the old days, this or that was better etc etc, but I feel it's just what we've got, & I REALLY do enjpy it. I got Foxtel for the race coverage & it's brilliant, and not just for the actual racing. Practice, qualifying, pit crew/driver interviews, how the cars are gradually "tuned up" from when they arrive at a circuit to actual race trim I find very interesting indeed, that part of the racing, qualifying etc can sometimes be more interesting than the actual race. Virtually everything on the car is adjustable! So Foxtel is just great, & NO ADS!.
    Plenty of people have tried to get other manufacturers, & Betty Klimenko founded Erebus to run Mercedes, but whilst the team lasted, the brand didn't,...I heard it said that Mercedes didn't want to see their brand knocked off by a Holden or Ford! And then there was Gary Rogers, who ran Volvo for a while.
    Would I like to see another brand involved?, absolutely I would, but they don't seem to be interested. But whilst we've only two brands for a while, Supercars is unique, it's recognized as one of the best Sedan Series on the Planet, F1 drivers love it, I've seen them lining pit lane watching it, & some have actually expressed a wish to drive one!
    Who do I follow? Well, really I don't think I follow anyone in particular, I really admire SVG, & Chaz is doing a great job for Walkinshaw, but if one of the lower drivers has a win I'm happy with that too!
    I'm not saying it's perfect, I'd love more brands, but it is what it is, it's what we've got,& I enjoy it.
    Pickles.
    I was at Bathurst last weekend camping with mates. We have been for the last 6 years or so.

It was a lot quieter this year due the lack of overseas teams and the fact that it was in May but I will say it was a lot more enjoyable as it wasnít so hot as it has been in the past.

Brilliant race to watch especially the start in the dark when there doing 300 down conrod straight in the dark & fog this year.

Iíll be going in Feb next year as well.

Also watch Supercars, F1, Moto GP, basically have foxtel for the motorsports as well and also follow Billy Bolt in Hard Enduro World Championship what that guy can get up on a dirt bike is amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by luke gtr View Post
    Has anyone here done a track day?
    If so, what were you driving?
    Yeah I've done quite a few, as well as advanced driver days, bmw/audi driver days, rally in the Hunter..
    It's been about 2 years since I've been on the track, I'm looking forward to taking the S3 on soon...
    What about you?

Sent from my SM-G985F using Tapatalk

My first track days were in my first evo x mr.
    Completely stock.
    Was great fun.
    Not too fast on smsp north circuit, but OK around south circuit.
    Took my 32 gtr around Mallala and spun bearings, that was a slightly unhappy day, and long tow home.

Would like to try Wakefield when I get the chance.

Oh, also took the evo around sandown.
    Again, slow on the straights due to being stock.

Have been thinking about things like f1000 cars after I finally get a house(2-5yrs).
    Have seen them for under 40k with multiple Spares.
    Think it could make for a really fun hobby(driving 1-3 days per year.