Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Random chat thread

Woah sounds like a lot going on with the little pocket rocket.

Sorry to hear about the oil leak.. I've got one too which needs sorting... a $10 seal requiring thousands in labour I'm sure.

I purchased some Redline Oils for the Gearbox and diff on the RS4. Waiting on H&R springs to arrive from germany and picking up some APR 10mm Spacers to complete the look.

Once everything arrives she's off to the workshop to get it all sorted..

Currently doing research on whether I should get some sway bars as well, any thoughts? People usually upgrade the rear sway bars. Goal would be to reduce the body roll / understeer favouring oversteer if anything.

I have 32mm front and 25mm rear on the RS4. Like a go cart with Eibach springs as well but you do need to be aware that race cars have adjustable bars for a reason. Any rain, loose road surface or even in winter when the tyres and road surface are really cold and you risk just looping it on the street. Sort of makes you look a bit like a goose if it happens. Eibach recommend disconnecting the bars in the rain and the situation is not made any better with RS level springs to boot. So the stiffer the installation, the more restricted the car becomes in variable weather. I like the RS4 with my setup but as I have an almost bone stock RS6, I have a fall back for rougher roads or inclement weather.

TUNING YOUR EIBACH BARS
    a)1sthole / Softest Setting.
    •Reduces over-steer
    •Use in rain or on slick roads.
    •Use on rough or bumpy roads.
    •Increases comfort.
    b)2ndhole / Firmest Setting.
    •Reduces under-steer
    •Use on dry roads and tracks.
    •Use on smooth roads and tracks.
    •Do not use on wet or slick roads
    C5 RS6: Sportec, Milltek & Wagner -- B5 RS4 : modified -- B5 Audi 1.8 quattro 132 Kw -- 2007 VW Touareg TDI 3.0 with air suspension and lockers-- UNIMOG 404 TLF8

Quote Originally Posted by IchBautAuto View Post
    I have 32mm front and 25mm rear on the RS4. Like a go cart with Eibach springs as well but you do need to be aware that race cars have adjustable bars for a reason. Any rain, loose road surface or even in winter when the tyres and road surface are really cold and you risk just looping it on the street. Sort of makes you look a bit like a goose if it happens. Eibach recommend disconnecting the bars in the rain and the situation is not made any better with RS level springs to boot. So the stiffer the installation, the more restricted the car becomes in variable weather. I like the RS4 with my setup but as I have an almost bone stock RS6, I have a fall back for rougher roads or inclement weather.

TUNING YOUR EIBACH BARS
    •Reduces over-steer
    •Use in rain or on slick roads.
    •Use on rough or bumpy roads.
    •Increases comfort.
    •Reduces under-steer
    •Use on dry roads and tracks.
    •Use on smooth roads and tracks.
    •Do not use on wet or slick roads
    Is that the rear bar setting you are quoting?

Ie, stiffen the rear to reduce understeer?

Sent from my SM-G985F using Tapatalk

Yes, that particular instruction was for the rear bar. Same theory applies to the front bar wrt decreased traction. When I bought my RS it already had the increased dia rear bar fitted and personally I always felt it was unbalanced. Oversteer is so 70's and it is also slow. I fitted the increased dia front bar to restore some balance. Gives a great result within the boundaries of grip.
    C5 RS6: Sportec, Milltek & Wagner -- B5 RS4 : modified -- B5 Audi 1.8 quattro 132 Kw -- 2007 VW Touareg TDI 3.0 with air suspension and lockers-- UNIMOG 404 TLF8

Quote Originally Posted by IchBautAuto View Post

TUNING YOUR EIBACH BARS
    Reduces over-steer
    Use in rain or on slick roads.
    Use on rough or bumpy roads.
    Increases comfort.
    Reduces under-steer
    Use on dry roads and tracks.
    Use on smooth roads and tracks.
    Do not use on wet or slick roads

Thanks for sharing, I'm looking at 25mm rear bar. Will leave the front OEM

And that's good to know... didn't realise how critical it was... do you track the RS4?

I’ve got an H&R rear bar and front is stock OEM.

Also got KWv3 all round. Handles like it is on rails and I can get it to oversteer if I want because I’ve fitted LSD in rear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's what I like to hear. Where did you purchase the H&R rear sway bar? Was it local or overseas?

I’m fairly sure it was ECS but it would have been over 10 years ago now at least.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ah good old ECS. Has anybody purchased from the recently and had a seamless transaction? Their reputation preceeds them these days - the number of delays I hear about is shocking.

I've been told they 'changed hands' quite some time ago, and it's never been as good/the same.

Worth checking out some of the local suppliers to see what they can do for you I think. I'm buying small stuff for the S3 via RMparts in Italy.. Takes some time to get here, but are cheap..

RM Parts - World of Genuine Car Parts