Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Random chat thread

Quote Originally Posted by luke gtr View Post
    Personally, not me.
    I'm trying to get away from Facebook, as all it seems to be is people asking ghe same general questions or trying to show off.
    Not 1, and I mean ZERO of the car owners group pages I belong to have had just general chit chat.

But, that's just my opinion.
    Seconded.
    C5 RS6: Sportec, Milltek & Wagner -- B5 RS4 : modified -- B5 Audi 1.8 quattro 132 Kw -- 2007 VW Touareg TDI 3.0 with air suspension and lockers-- UNIMOG 404 TLF8

Quote Originally Posted by IchBautAuto View Post
    Seconded.
    No FB for me either no interested.
    Current - 2007 B7 RS4 Avant, APR Stage 3, Milltek with Hi Flo Cats, GruppeM intake, Sachs Clutch, Factory Ceramics, JHM Shifter, RS6 FBSTW, AMI & Hi Res RSNE
    Current - 2012 B8 A4, 2.0T Quattro Avant SLine
    Current - 2001 B5 S4 Imola Yellow Avant
    Current - 1989 B3 90 Quattro - 7A NA Engine, (Long Term Restoration Project)
    Current - 1984 WR Ur Quattro

Somehow, it seems people on fb don't seem to care too much about being generally polite in their conduct. Perhaps it's the immediacy and the ease of on-posting something that makes people just click away without thinking about what they're wanting to say.

Current:
    2004 A6 C5 Sedan 3.0 V6 Quattro
    1999 A4 B5 Avant 2.4 V6 (Unreg)

Retired:
    1990 100 Sedan 2.3
    1991 90 Sedan 2.3
    1999 A4 B5 Sedan 2.4 V6
    2005 A6 4F Sedan 3.2 V6 Quattro

Yeah, kind of feel the same.

That, plus it can be harder rto tell who is reliable with their guidance for helping.
    Who is a general pest that just keeps posing crap.
    Who doesn't look for the topics.

But again, personally, I have enjoyed being back on furms getting to know people rather than being a blip that gets bumped down in 17 minutes.

I think FB is good for this kinda thing where we can post random on topic and off topic stuff.
    This site is good for knowledge base but lacks in the social aspect. Tapatalk is ok but its still forum posting and it is kinda slow on the social side of things.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm OK with F,B,,...and if this Forum decided to start a page, then it could be a private forum where permission would have to be given for entry, but I really don't see the need for one, because IMHO this forum caters for pretty much every need.
    The problem I do have with F.B. is the rudeness that some people show without any provocation, simply to disagree sends some people into a rage.
    So, any page would have to be strictly controlled, with any rudeness, swearing etc resulting in an immediate holiday.
    Having said that, it also takes someone to run it, they're just my thoughts, I think this forum is very well run, with all members here showing decent respect, so I would probably say we're doing ok as we are.
    Pickles.

I agree, FB is a catch-22...

I'll see what the 'upgraded' version of vbulletin offers in the social side. Maybe just a link to ozAudi or FB, that users can only post on if they have joined, so it can be policed..

I've got to bite the bullet at some point to get this 'old' version of software up to the latest version. I've done the other sites, but not done a huge amount of testing. I'd hate to upgrade, then stuff people around

I think addressing the rudeness side of things, I donít think that would be such a problem because we are in a way a pretty tight community and we all know each other on here. I would be easily identifying and banning the random rude F$#K lol
    I think it be a good tool though for us to keep in touch and post random questions or when ever someone needs instant help.

Iv helped a few people out on the Audi S and RS page and found it much easier on their.
    I think the key is to vet everyone who uses it so itís not some random social meet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good evening all.

What are the weekend plans?

Kids swimming, music lessons then that's the kids fine for the weekend.

I've got to go to SA for work on Sun-Tue and get to catch up with a mate who's in to VW and still has his first car he bought when 17 and its immaculate. He's also just build a large workshop with lift, so I'm going to be very jealous

What about you?

Sent from my SM-G985F using Tapatalk