Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 194

Thread: Random chat thread

  1. #1

    Default Random chat thread

    Yo!

    On another forum I frequent (SAU) we have a general **** post chat thread. Literally chatting about anything and everything.

    Didn't think I could get away with the name of the thread here, and didn't want to push the boundaries.

    From these threads, I have made life long friends, and hope to do the same here.

    In its prime(long gone) we would generally grt through 1000 pages, or 20k posts in under 6 months.

    Anyway, a little about myself to get things rolling.
    I'm Luke.
    I'm a mechanic (unfortunately)
    Live in the Snowy mountains area of NSW.
    Love cars, watches, scuba and snow boarding.

    Looking forward to getting to know others too!

    Cheers 🍻

  2. #2

    Default

    10 views, no replies.

    Hopefully more activity on a week night.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 1980
    Location
    Back in Sydney (again!)
    Posts
    5,496
    Thanked: 638

    Default

    I'm Stu

    Live in Sydney on Northen Beaches

    Run a business selling and supporting Data Centre Management Software

    Love cars, computers, and fixing stuff (which I'm not good at!)

    53, so getting old and wishing that I was a bit more carefully with hold hard I used to play soccer for 40 years as the body is now reminding me what I put it through all rose years.






    Sent from my SM-G985F using Tapatalk

  4. #4

    Default

    Welcome, I too love watches, I have an Omega Professional Speedmaster (manual wind), the "Moon Watch"!
    Regards, Pickles.

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jnrdavo View Post
    I'm Stu

    Live in Sydney on Northen Beaches

    Run a business selling and supporting Data Centre Management Software

    Love cars, computers, and fixing stuff (which I'm not good at!)

    53, so getting old and wishing that I was a bit more carefully with hold hard I used to play soccer for 40 years as the body is now reminding me what I put it through all rose years.






    Sent from my SM-G985F using Tapatalk
    Hey stu, your business sound a little niche(but, I'm not really anywhere near that trade). Do you only do the software?
    Or, do you supply and maintain hardware as well?

    Also, what's the significance of your user name?

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pickles View Post
    Welcome, I too love watches, I have an Omega Professional Speedmaster (manual wind), the "Moon Watch"!
    Regards, Pickles.
    Hey Pickles.
    Man, I wish I could 1, afford an omega, and 2, like their size on my wrist.
    I've got an 8" wrist, which I didn't realise was so big until I started looking into it.
    And really narrowed down what I like to bigger watches.
    I don't really like dipping below a 44mm case size, and even then, feels a little small.
    Any pics of the watch?

  7. #7

    Default

    Any plans for the rest of the long weekend?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Blue Mountains, NSW
    Posts
    2,063
    Thanked: 57

    Default

    I'm James, I'm in the Blue Mountains. Mech. Engineer product development background and worked in factories for yonks. Now help an exec team in a NFP.

    I have an Omega Planet Ocean 40mm bezel. The 44mm looked a little overwhelming for my wrist. Good for 600m but the only time it's touched water was when I clean it under a tap.

    Current:
    2004 A6 C5 Sedan 3.0 V6 Quattro
    1999 A4 B5 Avant 2.4 V6 (Unreg)

    Retired:
    1990 100 Sedan 2.3
    1991 90 Sedan 2.3
    1999 A4 B5 Sedan 2.4 V6
    2005 A6 4F Sedan 3.2 V6 Quattro

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 1980
    Location
    Back in Sydney (again!)
    Posts
    5,496
    Thanked: 638

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by luke gtr View Post
    Hey stu, your business sound a little niche(but, I'm not really anywhere near that trade). Do you only do the software?
    Or, do you supply and maintain hardware as well?

    Also, what's the significance of your user name?
    Hey Luke, yeah, no many in Australia doing what we do.
    Our business is small, but has all the major telco's, all of Defence, banks, gov departments etc and some small ones.
    We sell the software, install, support, train, import records, site audits as well. We also sell some of the associated hardware (PDU's/ILM's and sensors)..

    I started work there over 15 years ago, then bought the company about 2 years ago Nothing like being your own boss!

    Jnrdavo.... That's because my older brother is Davo (Senior)... thus, me.... jnr davo..


    I've got a Breitling {something}.. Not really sure of the model without looking at the manual. It doesn't get worn that much, just when going out somewhere fancy, or dressing up (not often!). It's a bit 'small', but was a special 'model' when I purchased it, which was a few days after I got handed my divorce papers... went out and purchased something the same day to ease the pain, then sunk a few bottles to drown the pain....
    Last edited by jnrdavo; April 24th, 2022 at 12:34 PM.

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by broke90 View Post
    I'm James, I'm in the Blue Mountains. Mech. Engineer product development background and worked in factories for yonks. Now help an exec team in a NFP.

    I have an Omega Planet Ocean 40mm bezel. The 44mm looked a little overwhelming for my wrist. Good for 600m but the only time it's touched water was when I clean it under a tap.
    im hoping(and guessing) you make some custom parts to mod your car?
    blue mountains are gorgeous.
    i originally hail from penrith, so grew up staring at them.

    have seen a planet ocean in a 45mm which i would love to own.
    maybe one day....

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •