Thread: 2014 A4 B8 Quattro Sedan Roof lining removal - does the windscreen need to come out

Default 2014 A4 B8 Quattro Sedan Roof lining removal - does the windscreen need to come out

Hi all, my roof lining is starting to sag on my A4 B8 Quattro Sedan, I do not have a sunroof. I contacted a local trimmer and his quote was reasonable ($550) but he said to get the roof lining out, the windscreen needs to be removed. This adds another $250 if the screen remains intact (its flawless but I don't want to factor in a new windscreen if I don't have to).

I can see anywhere that says this and I have seen videos online where the roof lining is removed through the boot.

Can anyone confirm that this is the correct method? TIA.

I had one done in my A4 B6 wagon, that did not require the windscreen to be removed.

Same for the S3 8P, all online videos don't have it being removed.

This probably answers the quesion the best...

If they want to remove the windscreen, look for another trimmer.
    Current - 2007 B7 RS4 Avant, APR Stage 3, Milltek with Hi Flo Cats, GruppeM intake, Sachs Clutch, Factory Ceramics, JHM Shifter, RS6 FBSTW, AMI & Hi Res RSNE
    Current - 2012 B8 A4, 2.0T Quattro Avant SLine
    Current - 2001 B5 S4 Imola Yellow Avant
    Current - 1989 B3 90 Quattro - 7A NA Engine, (Long Term Restoration Project)
    Current - 1984 WR Ur Quattro

I couldn't get anyone else in Cairns and Audi recommended this trimmer and this method. In the end both him and Windscreens O'Brien did a stellar job, looks as good as if not better than new and all done for $845. I was happy with the result. Lack of choice kills you in small centres but when it is done well you don't mind the rural tax as much.

The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten!
    Current - 2007 B7 RS4 Avant, APR Stage 3, Milltek with Hi Flo Cats, GruppeM intake, Sachs Clutch, Factory Ceramics, JHM Shifter, RS6 FBSTW, AMI & Hi Res RSNE
    Current - 2012 B8 A4, 2.0T Quattro Avant SLine
    Current - 2001 B5 S4 Imola Yellow Avant
    Current - 1989 B3 90 Quattro - 7A NA Engine, (Long Term Restoration Project)
    Current - 1984 WR Ur Quattro