Thread: Took delivery of new RSQ3 today!

Default Took delivery of new RSQ3 today!

Wifey traded her S3 on a PFL RS3 in 2016 & has been SUPER happy with it, she rarely gets beaten at the lights!
    We keep in touch with our Audi Dealer from time to time, and usually during a service visit drop into the showroom to see what's happening, & some time ago we talked about what an RSQ3 would be like, but that was all, no selling/buying talk etc.
    Anyway, about a couple of weeks ago, we got a call from our Dealer to say they had a "Dealer Order" RSQ3 coming in, & would we like to come in, so we did, but couldn't see the car beacause it was just off the boat!
    It was nardo grey, panoramic roof, Audi black rings & carbon inlays,..pretty much what we would've ordered, it was missing matrix headlights & "dynamic" rear indicators (maybe of concern to some, but not to us), & has only one key, but Audi will definitely supply the other key when available.
    Our PFL RS3 had needed a couple of tires, reg due in 8 days!, rear washer not working, out of warranty etc etc, so we did the deal. Immediate delivery in contrast to major unavailability/waiting times etc was a contributing factor too.
    Took delivery today, but here's a bit of info that we were told,....Audi is suspending orders on RS3 (shortage of engines/engine parts we were told) as at today (all existing orders will be filled, but no new orders)
    Anyway, the car was delivered in beautiful condition, Karen has a big smile on her face, so all is good!
    Pickles.
    Last edited by Pickles; October 31st, 2022 at 08:01 PM.

Nice one mate, pics or it didnt happen

Sent from my SM-G985F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jnrdavo View Post
    Nice one mate, pics or it didnt happen

Lol!..The next time karen gets it out of the garage, I'll take a pic.

I wish they came in a manual these would be so much fun

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Congrats Pickles (Mrs Pickles / Karen).

Would be interested to hear your thoughts on how the two cars compare and of course see some pics of the new car.

Here are a few images of Nadia, Karen's new RSQ3. We are not too flash on computers, but here's a few "sideways" pics to "prove" it did happen!
    Nadia rear.jpg Nadia front.jpgNadias badge.jpg
    Last edited by Pickles; November 3rd, 2022 at 06:22 PM.

Looks good - congrats again!

Sorry about the "sideways" pics.
    Haven't done many Ks to date, but we are VERY happy with the new car.
    Like I've said, the car was delivered in faultless condition, & Karen was given plenty of time with Gary (Sales Exec) to explain to her anything different to our trade in RS3.
    I've only driven the car once, & I like it. Obviously just a little bit "softer" than our trade in, but we expecetd that.
    So, we're happy, more relaxed & more space in the front cabin, more space in the rear (SUV version). & just generally a tiny bit more "mild" than the RS3.
    For what it is, if ya want an SUV type vehicle of this size & performance, I don't know of anything that could compare.
    We've looked at the CLA 45,...Nice car, but the RSQ3 is more "relaxed", if that makes any sense.
    Karen said she felt relaxed & "at home" in it, Straight away.......it loses nothing on performance, but provides a bit of extra stuff relative to space & practicality for our needs.

Looked great, even sideways!

SUV'S are so popular and I can see why. Being over 50, a lowered S5 is good fun, but for longer trips, the Skoda Kodiaq vRS eats it alive for comfort and how you feel after 3 or 4 hours on the road.

Quote Originally Posted by jnrdavo View Post
    Looked great, even sideways!

SUV'S are so popular and I can see why. Being over 50, a lowered S5 is good fun, but for longer trips, the Skoda Kodiaq vRS eats it alive for comfort and how you feel after 3 or 4 hours on the road.

Yes, I agree, some form of comfort is necessary on longer trips.
    The RS3 had a good number of adjustments for the front seats, as does the RSQ3, we find that the "thigh support" which slides out manually from under the front seats is particularly helpful. I think there is a greater range of lumbar support in the new car too. These are both minor issues/adjustments I suppose, but over a distance they can make a noticeable difference.
    Pickles.