Thread: Arnott replacements for 2011 C6/4F A6 allroad

Ust-Kamenogorsk, Kazakhstan, currently far south coast NSW

Default Arnott replacements for 2011 C6/4F A6 allroad

Forewarned is forearmed, so they say ... as my 2011 A6 allroad is just coming up to 120 000km, I have started to give the airbag suspension some thought to what happens when it blows (not if, but when) and how to beat it to the punch.

Has anyone here had any experience with the replacement/re-manufactured Arnotts for C6/4F A6 allroads? I've done a cursory search, but there mainly seems to be information on the C5 replacements from Arnott.

Cheers, all the best for 2023 & beyond

From what I understand the Arnotts replacements still get a good rap.

agree Alister, they have had a good rap from what I have read.

Ust-Kamenogorsk, Kazakhstan, currently far south coast NSW

Thanks to both you and Alister, since there seems to be little mention of the "newer" (C6/4F) versions around & whilst I see quite a few of that vintage A6 allroad for sale around the >150-250 000km mark, I've never seen mention of replaced airbag suspension (including struts) ... wondering if people are just being quiet about it or the later version is more reliable/robust that the original C5 version as delivered new.

Cheers, all the best

Having had a C5 for 10 years that needed the stupid bags replaced by Audi under warranty multiple times, and then moving to the Arnott ones when it was my cost (which never failed), yep, the OEM had design faults.

I've had a C7 for almost 10 years and it's still going on the original bags, so they are clearly much much better. (The C7 sunroof is a different story... that seems to be the weak point...)

Cam