• Welcome to ozAudi.com If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Rules by clicking the hyperlink.

Note that you are required to register before you can post.

If you experience a problem logging in, drop me an email to admin@ozAudi.com and I'll sort it out for you.

To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Search results

1. S

The Long Grind- Moving away from black on black on black

Secured a set of silver genuine 19inch factory rims with diamond cut face on the weekend. One rim has a tiny bit of gutter rush that will need addressing. Black center caps, new lug bolts and lock nut kits all on on order from overseas. Black lug bolt cover caps ready to go Then mulling...
  2. S

Yes I didn't want to drop your sig as the beneficiary of the awesome thread on the b5rs4. I am going by memory on that thread and maybe some misleading and deceptive conduct but this will thread will be a mini version as the only tweaks to the car I brought that I plan to do is some swap out...
  3. S

. WARNiNG LONG POSTS AHEAD. I'M OLD SCHOOL AND NONE OF THIS 150 CHARACTER LIMIT BULLTISH. Patience is a virtue and we lived in interesting times particularly with Covid 19. I posted on here pre Covid R8 V10 manuals are unicorns and had one or two had also opined on that view. It took me 4...
  4. S

Audi Gen 1 V10 Manual - What's the wish list/ must do's if you happened to land one.

WUAZZZ put the above in google and see what you get
  5. S

Audi Gen 1 V10 Manual - What's the wish list/ must do's if you happened to land one.

I have a boosted turn of the century Porsche and and understand the cross shopping with part numbers. Case in point, my ignition switch was totally f'd and couldn't do jack with the car / weird symptoms with lights coming on difficult to remove the key. Porsche wanted circa 200's for the...
  6. S

I've have now stopped looking as I have something to screw those custom plates to. Took a while but no shoulda woulda coulda and nearly 4 years on from my initial posts and calling out some buckshot and bulltish, put my money to support where I was 4 years ago and didn't cave in for...
  7. S

How many v10 R8 manuals in Australia? [emoji882]

Thanks. Yeah I have been down that road as well. But a good reminder to have another crack and this time I can reference a Vin number.
  8. S

I've been looking for over 4 years ( V8 initially) and not much ticked a lot of boxes, particularly the first, budget. Wouldn't pay over a 16x number for a mint one and owners are very stubborn on there asking. Better value if you save a few more pennies and focus on a V10 with a lot more...
  9. S

I'm no millennial, patient and stick to a set budget for the purchase price and know what gremlins are on the model and costs to rectify. Also formed a view where the sweet spot is to exploit the factory setup to get best bang for the dyno butt buck. I just treat buying a car like a...
  10. S

I have a double whammy in terms if OCD and that little hoon B*****d inside I didn't care too much about part numbers matching et al, until I had a decent increase in advertised pricing vs what I paid for one of my car 's and got precious on putting junk kilometers on the car and strictly...
  11. S

I can't relate to anything in the post above post. Maybe I am a different cat, but circumstances and the fact that I research the crap out of the cars I have brought before purchasing them results in me not driving the model of the car, let alone seeing them in the flesh. Brought my last...
  12. S

I posted, about 4 years ago on my view on an audi r8 v10 manual in the how many v10 manuals were delivered to oz thread. So going back to the future, Having been tracking r8 manual before covid and up to now, and doing a lot of homework on what would you do to bring one up to scratch if you...
  13. S

How many v10 R8 manuals in Australia? [emoji882]

Hi Vagboy. Just curious, but did you ever garage a r8 manual audi. It's nearly 4 years since my first post in this thread and none the wiser on the thread question. So heres a rumour that I heard in that there were 19 oz delivered gen1 v10 manuals from a v10 gated manual owner. ( Bit of...
  14. S

RS Type Honeycomb front grill and attaching a slimline number plate

To the brains trust What the most elegant method of attaching a kingpin number plate cover backing plate to a plain honeycombe front grill. If there is specially designed set of clips, a link to purchase a set would be appreciated Thanks in advance
  15. S

Old faces..........

In terms of forever cars for 2 garage spots, I reckon I am there and a maybe a bit of investment upside as well. First, I am a boost junky and haven't been able to shake that little hoon bast$## inside. Brought in 2008 a b5s4, slow grind to tweak it to circa 300awkw over 8 years and upgraded...
  16. S

Back to the future. Go to overseas website for genuine audi car parts

Thanks. Fcp euro was my go to, but seems they dont apply gst so its room the dice with customs. Seems to be ECS grabbed fcp's backend and their international shipping rates. ( was horrendous. Eg best website for identifying parts pics / breadth is stock, eg genuine, tuners parts but shocking...
  17. S

Returning to Audi

Hi I am like you in terms of being extremely active early last decade but stuck to strictly within my swim lane. Eg 8 year journey of a stock b5 s4 with a tune to a great 300awkw stage 3 with awesome drivability for the street but lacked the reliabilit. So moved onto a m3 e90 and the...
  18. S

WTB something old school

Apologies for my I ignorance on the UR's. Need to adjust back to 4 rings. So must be an audi buyer thing that I don't subscribe to. But like for like, eg the other cars referenced ( they can come in as a personnel import right and from the same factory right. But in other Mark's, like for...
Back