• Welcome to ozAudi.com If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Rules by clicking the hyperlink.

Note that you are required to register before you can post.

If you experience a problem logging in, drop me an email to admin@ozAudi.com and I'll sort it out for you.

To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Search results

1. 2LIME

RS3 8Y Modifications

Hey Frankster! I looked into the Maxton carbon front lip when first released back in October last year. I emailed Ausbodyworks and was quoted $2300 with a minimum 8 week wait, possibly longer. A bit pricey i thought being unseen.. Looking at the European website it was listed at $729 Euro. I...
  2. 2LIME

RS3 8Y Modifications

Try PacorTech in Ingleburn (South West Sydney) Dave is great and been playing with VW and Audi for 15 plus years now.
  3. 2LIME

RS3 8Y Ordering and Spec

Hey, checked with my nephew who has worked at Port Kembla receiving terminal for 5 years. He is not 100%, but can’t remember another carrier other than Hoegh bringing in Audi’s.
  4. 2LIME

RS3 8Y Ordering and Spec

Congrats Frankster! Keep pestering the dealer for shipping consignment. Once you have the boat name you can check route and schedule. (This will also feel like time has stopped 😬) Bonus though, they stop in Fremantle first before continuing east!! 2025 facelift.. I think we will be lucky to see...
  5. 2LIME

RS3 8Y Modifications

Hey Dan, Any news from Akrapovic yet? There response will be interesting.. or reset/disconnect and code check? keen to install the ASR but being a wuss till I hear a bit more 💩.
  6. 2LIME

RS3 8Y Ordering and Spec

Yeah, they were Sh@t times. I remember receiving the call in Jan 23 that my order was cancelled and my deposit was to be refunded like many others.. I refused,( like most I imagine) for $2k outlay (& a little suspicious) and behold a call 3 months later saying my car was being built. Crazy 🤪!!
  7. 2LIME

RS3 8Y Ordering and Spec

Nice spec. Very clean look coming with the carbon added 👍. I agree as far as the dealership being responsive. Mine was pretty good timing wise, just never had anything to update. I have a feeling their kept in the dark by Audi Oz. A good mate of mine is Manager at the local BMW dealership and...
  8. 2LIME

RS3 8Y Ordering and Spec

As frustrating as Audi’s communication tends to be.. it will be worth the wait! What spec did you order out of interest Blake? Cheers.
  9. 2LIME

RS3 8 Y - Brake Squeal

Have to agree with this approach. I pressure wash my wheels/rotors weekly to stay on top of them. 8Y has only squealed when reversing off the drive way after a wash for the past 4 months. Like the rest of you it seems, I've had a HSV and multiple STI's and this process seems to work. A good...
  10. 2LIME

RS3 8Y Modifications

Awesome, glad you’re happy! Sound controller review surprises me. May have to look in to one till I’m convinced a down pipe won’t throw error codes 👍.
  11. 2LIME

RS3 8Y Modifications

We sound similar.. Car delivered in my forties with my 50th 3 weeks later. Great timing for my wife to claim best “50th” birthday present ever! Maturity.. (with toys..) yeah, about the same according to my other half and friends 😀. Hope your happy with the install today!
  12. 2LIME

RS3 8Y Modifications

Agree, the second muffler typically eliminates drone and doubt it will effect peak decibels. I'm not sure what your "bit old now" range is..? (I probably shouldn't ask knowing I suffer from Peter Pan syndrome :sneaky:) I still like a little attention if I'm planted and valves open! You never...
  13. 2LIME

RS3 8Y Modifications

Damn! Hopefully no notable sound or power decrease.
  14. 2LIME

RS3 8Y Modifications

Strange they would add an additional muffler…Being an OPF back, your after sound rather than power.
  15. 2LIME

RS3 8Y Modifications

Thats interesting. Wonder why they are different?? Structural or an added silencer.. Hopefully straight through! Thats a pain by mode :(. I guess I ducked this by using tuner stock on hand as they had already fitted a few. 1500kms.. I'm already at 3000km :sick:.. More than i was planning for...
  16. 2LIME

RS3 8Y Modifications

Yeah, remember watching a youtube video on them too. Expensive yes! The few I have seen in Europe either want your ECU for a swap or re-map in house with a 1 week turn around. Either option looks to be >$10k :eek:. No Thanks!
  17. 2LIME

RS3 8Y Modifications

Potential ECU unlock.. TBC..
  18. 2LIME

RS3 8Y Ordering and Spec

Question.. Does anyone know if it's possible to find out how many cars (8Y's) have actually made it into the country to date? Also, how many currently on back order? (Apologies if this has been discussed previously in the earlier 50+ pages of this thread) Cheers!
  19. 2LIME

RS3 8Y Ordering and Spec

Sorry, nope 🤢. Didn't even know where Edmondson Park was till i just googled it. (Dec 27th pg 56 on this thread, North of Wollongong) Looks like its half way or next time your in the Gong..
  20. 2LIME

RS3 8Y Modifications

Hey Dan, I agree, there’s minimal risk in actually getting the system investigated further unless you make yourself a target.(if so, you get time to return the system to OEM specs prior to testing anyway) That said, power figures quoted don’t seem to change a whole lot with a 200 cell installed...
Back