• Welcome to ozAudi.com If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Rules by clicking the hyperlink.

Note that you are required to register before you can post.

If you experience a problem logging in, drop me an email to admin@ozAudi.com and I'll sort it out for you.

To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Search results

1. jnrdavo

Sticky: Random chat thread

I was about to swap to metal water pump, by my mechanic advised not to. Metal is supposed to last much longer, but if metal goes balls up,then you get metal pieces through your engine instead of plastic... I can see both points, so have stuck with metal. Sent from my SM-S926B using Tapatalk
  2. jnrdavo

2004-2005 a6 c5 allroad 4.2 v8 ecu

Albeit ovesears, these guys do one with 12 months warranty. https://www.cartechelectronics.com/plug-play-bosch-engine-ecu-audi-0261207074-0-261-207-074-4d0907560bc-4d0-907-560-bc-me7-1-1/ there are also places oversea that do repairs. https://www.actronics.co.uk/ecu/bosch-me7-1-1
  3. jnrdavo

Mines a EA113 CDLC... Just about to do a timing belt change, which is a first for me... Doesn't really matter if I get it wrong I suppose, nothing much would happen to the engine!!
  4. jnrdavo

Suggestions on Melbourne shop to supply and fit front brakes on 8v 2018 RS3

you can try fast stuff, not sure where they are located. Sent from my SM-S926B using Tapatalk
  5. jnrdavo

I SURPRISED MY WIFE WITH A NEW VW CARAVELLE!...

More...
  6. jnrdavo

1.4tsfi HPFP Sensor issue

With the car off and key removed, you should be able to remove the sensor. A small amount of fuel will come out, just put some rags around it prior to undoing. I've removed a fuel sensor on my S3 and it didn't spew much out. Sent from my SM-S926B using Tapatalk
  7. jnrdavo

1.4tsfi HPFP Sensor issue

if it's this one it looks like you can.. https://www.speedparts.com.au/fuel-rail-pressure-sensor-for-audi-a3-8v-cmba-cpta most sensors can be replaced in the car. Sent from my SM-S926B using Tapatalk
  8. jnrdavo

exactly the same size as the old one.. I had to take off the old outer plastic and put on the new leather cover... beauty is in the eye of the beholder... Sent from my SM-S926B using Tapatalk
  9. jnrdavo

I thought I'd have to send off my old ones and they would cover them. But they actually find existing parts and recover (or remove?) them.. Lovely finish. I used fly designs AMS (https://www.facebook.com/flydesigns.poland/) for the trim, they are in Poland. I also used modified car show for...
  10. jnrdavo

nice one, I've always like them.
  11. jnrdavo

Would love to tackle a job like this, but lack many items (tools, space, skill!)
  12. jnrdavo

Back to the future. Go to overseas website for genuine audi car parts

Depends on what you are after.. For general trim parts, I've been using RM parts in Latvia (depends on exchange rate and shipping). info@rmparts.lv For mechanical, I use my local independent, or vagparts.com.au
  13. jnrdavo

Out with the old.... (Ok, I'm still keeping them!) and in with the new... Subtly different, white stitching to match the other new parts, and the logos in the middle. Does anybody 'scotch guard' their mats at all?
  14. jnrdavo

Plastic Welding - Job well done!

potentially, I don't know if the giu is a one man band here is nsw.. having said all that, I cracked has already reformed in fitting the panel. not sure if it was just me not being careful enough, or if they are just much more fragile when done. Sent from my SM-S926B using Tapatalk
  15. jnrdavo

it feels good being able to save the original panel and stop the associated squeaks when I had the cracks. Sent from my SM-S926B using Tapatalk
  16. jnrdavo

Audi RS4 Carbon Black Live Draw

More...
  17. jnrdavo

I had a couple of cracks/splits in my trim in the S3... let's just say that I can't name the person who took off the trim and did it poorly!! Anyway, I searched around and found it very hard to find, but found someone that was excellent. Cost me $300 all up, and you can hardly tell where the...
  18. jnrdavo

Help! Q3 Outside temp -20c to + 48c from cold start, Coolant leaking and oil burning?

might just be corrosion on the coolant temp sensor at the bottom of the bottle. Sent from my SM-S926B using Tapatalk
Back