• Welcome to ozAudi.com If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Rules by clicking the hyperlink.

Note that you are required to register before you can post.

If you experience a problem logging in, drop me an email to admin@ozAudi.com and I'll sort it out for you.

To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

1988 MB quattro - Mars Red - for sale - Sunshine Coast, QLD

Zed

ten valves - one cam
Hi all

Regretfully offered for sale is my 1988 MB. The car was virtually a one-owner, being registered to the dealership in the UK before being purchased in 1989 by the chap I bought it from late last year. That owner was the type to replace every item his workshop told him needed attention for the entire time he owned it. There is a bunch of paperwork to back this claim.

I have not registered the car yet and have only driven it up and down our road (naughty me... it is a fun road mind you!) on a fortnightly basis to keep everything ticking over. The car has covered about 150,000 miles.

It's a Mars red, full leather interior in near-mint condition - there is some typical wear on the driver's outer seat bolster that is going to be repaired anyway. Carpets and mats, door trims dash, etc are all mint. Everything works, inside and out.

The exterior is in extremely good condition and is really is a stunning looking car. Driving it is such an awesome experience! It's so comfortable, remarkably quiet, goes and handles better than my daily drive, a much younger and lighter Subaru WRX. It is generally an amazing car.

The reason this car is for sale is simple... I got a bit silly when looking for a quattro road car and basically over-spent. I am still trying to get the rally car finished and need the money to complete that project, simple as that, or I'd keep this one because of its condition and history. Between the need for cash to complete the rally car and recent ill health, I just have to be a bit sensible and reign in my car passion. I'm also running out of space here, having converted one garage in to a playroom and my little engine workshop is this week being converted in to an office space for the wife.

I haven't completed ADR changes (not that there is much to do on these) as I have learned before that if this car goes interstate, the Queensland issued paperwork might be worthless. I am however quite happy to complete this process for the buyer, given the state-specific requirements.

Looking for offers over $32,000. This is of course negotiable, depending on buyer requirements. If you are interested and have any questions, please email me: marc@rallyquattro.net

img_8523.jpg

Last edited:
At the rate I'm going Mik, you'll be in the running ;)

I've been crook and I've been away as well. There is a list of chores the length of a Urq here for me to get done around the house before I get to 'play' with any car stuff. The rally car has become a nice storage unit at the moment :(

I think I need to put on a yardsman and a mechanic! That will have to wait until the lotto win though (yeah, if only)

Yeah, I start a new job in feb, pays lots more (than my current $0), so once I pay off all my debt (GF will make me) then I'll be in the market... well I think buying the GF a new car 1st... then I'll get a car... we'll see :mrgreen:

It certainly is. I assume it is you who emailed me today? I'll reply to that email shortly.

Cheers

Marc

PRICE REDUCED!

As sad as it is, I really need to sell. I think many of the regulars here know I suffered a massive heart attack last year and have quit my job. I no longer have the money to keep a collection of quattros nor do I have the health/stamina to really enjoy them. Not wanting to muddy the waters but there may also be a 1985 silver WR and the unfinished Group 4 rally car - http://rallyquattro.net - on offer as well.

The car really is worth it, being a great example in such good condition. It has been garaged here since I bought it and driven up and down our sealed drive or the odd run up the road now and then. I've added only a few miles to it. It's a fabulous car and I'd honestly love to see someone driving it and enjoying it the way it should be.

I'm certainly open to offers but looking for at least $30,000

For that sort of money, I'll do what is necessary to sort ADR requirements but as I have said previously, I'd need to know where the car is going. While the ADRs are national, it seems that things differ between states and I have been through this before with a Queensland registered rally car not meeting NSW DOT requirements and a VIC registered Japanese import being flatly refused registration in SA.

Contact me via email: marc@rallyquattro.net or message me here for phone/address/etc.

Thanks all.

Marc

Last edited:
It's got to go and it's got to go soon. I haven't worked for quite a while now (after the heart attack) and we quite simply need the money now :(

I'm willing to reduce the price further now - $26,000 cash - so if anyone is interested, please contact me via this forum or via email: marc@rallyquattro.net

Pics... http://rallyquattro.net/red/

if only this was this time next year...
I just noticed, it is "this time next year" ;)

Last edited:
I've been out of touch with my own problems but I'm sad to hear of your troubles.
I'm now on a dissability allowance myself due to the back injury etc but I won't bore you with that.
The thing is I'm going to have to loose my lovley silver quattro, and I'm not happy about it.
I might sell the house instead though.
:call:

Ian, et al...

I've been out of the loop again for a while with health issues and the car is still here in the garage and still available for sale. $25k as-is, take it away!

I might sell the house instead though.
Well Dougie, you know what they say... you can live in a car but you can't punt your house around Leyburn or Mt Coottha ;)

No worries Ian... you must have been scratching your head with the "hard sell" I'd been laying on you :mrgreen:

Anyone else looking for a gorgeous red MB? I know you'd have to squint a bit (being an MB and not an early WR) but I'm sure I could hook you up with some grey snake skin boots, a bad tie and a slightly daggy 80's suit... filling the passenger seat is your own problem ;)

Ashes-to-Ashes-Keeley-Haw-001.jpg

If anyone is looking for a good example of the breed, then Marc's is certainly one to consider. You'll be kicking yourself later if you let this one pass you by.....

No worries Ian... you must have been scratching your head with the "hard sell" I'd been laying on you :mrgreen:

Anyone else looking for a gorgeous red MB? I know you'd have to squint a bit (being an MB and not an early WR) but I'm sure I could hook you up with some grey snake skin boots, a bad tie and a slightly daggy 80's suit... filling the passenger seat is your own problem ;)

View attachment 14961

Damm, she sure is hot. If the car could guarantee me a pull like that, I'd be in like Flynn (as they say). :mrgreen:

I'll def be looking in 3 to 6 months once I complete my garage extensions. Currently looking at a MY08 Liberty STi as first preference, but I will stay in touch, and see what's still available when the time comes. (Happy to be flamed with reasons to go for the UR (sorry, MB) instead).

SOLD! Damn it was sad loading it up and watching the truck drive away :(

I won't say anything other than yet another quattro to keep an eye out for in or around Melbourne. Next, the silver WR will have to go.

SOLD! Damn it was sad loading it up and watching the truck drive away :(

I won't say anything other than yet another quattro to keep an eye out for in or around Melbourne. Next, the silver WR will have to go.

Congrats ZED. Glad to see it sold, but I know how you must be feeling (I had to get rid of my 80 Cab as the new missus wasn't keen).

Simplifies my decision in a few months anyway. :p

Hi guys,
I hope your feeling better Zed!
My silver car is having to go to a new home as well but I will still have the red thing.
It has come to a choice between red and silver so I'm keeping the moded one even though it's not original.
It's bloody quick though.I did a drive day at Lakeside in it a couple of months ago and lapped a Falcon GT twice.
Fast enough to frighten me.
I'll be wanting good money for mine considering its condition.
Cheers.

Back