• Welcome to ozAudi.com If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Rules by clicking the hyperlink.

Note that you are required to register before you can post.

If you experience a problem logging in, drop me an email to admin@ozAudi.com and I'll sort it out for you.

To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

1997 Audi 80 Convertible v6 2.8l - looking for mechanic/garage services for semi project

Antonypr

Hi all, I'm new to these forums and looking for some advice/pointing in the right direction please. I'm looking for mechanic/garage to help me get the car back on the road, it is not just a simple service sadly. There is quite a bit to do, clutch, lots of the front suspension, engine mounts, oil leak, breaks etc. She is turned over regularly but in need of much love! I've been sourcing parts from the US and can continue to do so. Whilst I'm Brisbane based I'm happy to move the car around Aus.

Can anyone recommend someone who'd be willing to take on what is effectively a project to mechanically renovate a good part of the car, preferably with experience in such motors ?

Regards
Tony

I'll throw in a few cents worth. I'd suggest that you contact some of the local restoration clubs and ask them who does what. Most mechanics need to charge a healthy hourly rate just to keep the doors open so restoration is usually a labour of love done by the owner.
While more complicated than your average holden, they are a walk in the park compared to late model vehicles so most mechanics should be able to manage if they have the basic Audi compatible scanner tool and a few "special" tools.

Agree with above. If you want to/can afford to pay for a mechanic, then most of them won't have a problem doing the work for you, as long as your eyes are wide open in regards to the hours/$$$ it is going to take.
Mike at Prestige and Performance is somebody I have personally used and can trust, but not sure if he looks after cars of this age yet.
I might be worth popping in to a reputable independent and splitting up the work in to 'jobs' and getting some approximate quotes on how much to fix, so you are fully informed on what costs could be upfront.

If you know what it needs doing.

Why don't you do a list, note that you have the parts and put out a tender on airtasker?

Get them to come to you. You can also review their previous work and reports. Used it to get some work done on a few cars. Had no issues.

Sent from my CPH2333 using Tapatalk

Back