• Welcome to ozAudi.com If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Rules by clicking the hyperlink.

Note that you are required to register before you can post.

If you experience a problem logging in, drop me an email to admin@ozAudi.com and I'll sort it out for you.

To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

2012 C7 A6 Allroad cooling issue

Wudka

Hi everyone

Earlier this year i bought an A6 Allroad with low kms.
The car is generally well maintained and presents as new, however, I've been awarded my first luxury car problem.

It dumped its coolant on me on Monday and now i am in research mode, as i cannot pin point the source and i already know mechanics will love me.

I'm considering replacing the water pump, and any problematic cooling components prone to issues.

Does anyone happen to know if any kits are available, for if I'm going to give a mechanic a tidy sum to replace a single component, i might aswell upgrade the system to avoid another issue in a few thousands kms.

The car had 62k on it.

Hi Wudka.... I'm probably not much help, but parts you can get from ECS Tuning in the states etc..

Do a search on this forum for parts and it should also show you some other options (some local).

ECS or other suppliers are OK albeit you have chosen the right time for the exchange rate.

I'm assuming that you meant it when you said "dumped". Just fill the cooling system with water and see if you can pinpoint a leak. Every bit helps. Informed customer etc.

IMG_0214.jpgIMG_0215.jpg

My mechanic found the leak.
Under inlet manifold, there is a hose, which had swollen and subsequently leaked. No wonder I could not locate it myself, as it was well and truly hidden from view.

Audi should had had the entire pipe in metal instead of a hose.

Thank you for your replies guys!

Hey All,

In the event that someone else is having coolant leak issues.

The problem in this thread required the manifold and all the wiring/plumbing on top of the engine to be removed/reinstated multiple times.

The culprit was the hose I shared, the "banjo" bolt that connects it failed after reinstalling new hose.

And the EGR valve assembly also had manifested a leak.

The mechanic talked me out of removing that EGR and installing a blanking plate, however, this has never left my mind.
I think that if I hold onto the car long enough, I will make this mod.

If anyone is having issues, happy to discuss my solution further.

Reach out

Thanks for circling back with the solution Wudka - great for others who may encounter this issue to have the detailed info on what the fix involved. :clap:

Thanks for circling back with the solution Wudka - great for others who may encounter this issue to have the detailed info on what the fix involved. :clap:

You are welcome Alister,

Hopefully it is useful to someone.

I am not a fan of any of these exhaust recycle systems in cars, as I have not owned a single car where these systems perform well after even 50k kms. In the case of my car, it was fouled at under 60thousand but worse still, leaking coolant which is ridiculous.
I wish I had blanked it off and made that cooling circuit redundant whilst also fitting a crankcase vent oil catch filter to protect the air/fuel side of things.

Back