• Welcome to ozAudi.com If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Rules by clicking the hyperlink.

Note that you are required to register before you can post.

If you experience a problem logging in, drop me an email to admin@ozAudi.com and I'll sort it out for you.

To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

2015 Snowy Mountains 1000

Its all good. Wouldn't be any chasing needed as you have been nice enough to allow it

Will need to get onto it though

No Worries. All we ask, is that once your entry is confirmed, you apply straight away.

This years Sup Regs and Category Descriptions will be getting emailed out in the next 2-3 weeks, with entries opening online 2 weeks after that. Only those that have been emailed the regs will have their entries (if not already full) accepted. Email us at snowymountains1000@hotmail.com if you are looking to enter this year

Current Speed and Time records for Australia

Attachments

• OZ1000m Results.jpg
    OZ1000m Results.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 107
I might have to get out and do some testing :)

A quick question re tyres and their effective usage. I have read in the past I think that there are no burnouts allowed to put heat into tyres.... is this correct and how does one expect to have a safe run if tyres like ET Streets are ok to use. We both know that tyres like this require heat in them to work properly and by not being able to warm them up is in fact creating an unsafe environment.

I know I sound like a c ock posting that but I am just very curious about the reasoning behind the no burnout policy. I am guessing its an airport imposed rule?

Last edited:
I might have to get out and do some testing :)

A quick question re tyres and their effective usage. I have read in the past I think that there are no burnouts allowed to put heat into tyres.... is this correct and how does one expect to have a safe run if tyres like ET Streets are ok to use. We both know that tyres like this require heat in them to work properly and by not being able to warm them up is in fact creating an unsafe environment.

I know I sound like a c ock posting that but I am just very curious about the reasoning behind the no burnout policy. I am guessing its an airport imposed rule?

Correct.

Second point, is that MT will not endorse their tyres on our surface (or similar), especially over that distance. In saying that, a few people have used them with no issue. Most of the top guys are running R spec. 9/10 of the top ten time are on R specs. 8/10 Speed are on R specs as well.

That's fair enough. You guys ask that no cars leave the airport while the event is running don't you? so I couldn't even take the car for a nice drive out on the street to get some warmth into them.

Strange that's MT stand on this type of event. Given they are advertised as a street legal radial drag tyre one would have thought that they would be able to cope with long trips at freeway speeds. I have driven on ours a couple of times to and from Sydney Dragway and they are fine. Maybe I should stop just in case

That's fair enough. You guys ask that no cars leave the airport while the event is running don't you? so I couldn't even take the car for a nice drive out on the street to get some warmth into them.

Correct. For insurance and permit reasons, no vehicles may leave the event before 3pm. Everyone is in the same boat, and we do this for the reason of being able to compare results with 1000m events in South Africa, Russia, the UK, Germany and the US.

I went to the SM1000 last year to have a look, you know support local events etc.
Was really looking forward to having a look at the machinery in the pits, not really interested in watching the runs.
I have to say I was bitterly disappointed to be shown out of the pit area.
I didn't want to explain that I know my way around race cars, so I went home.
It's so funny that I am enthusiastically welcomed at national and international events, this year was my 7th class win at Bathurst endurance events for example, but not welcome at the SM1000.
Neil Trama

I went to the SM1000 last year to have a look, you know support local events etc.
Was really looking forward to having a look at the machinery in the pits, not really interested in watching the runs.
I have to say I was bitterly disappointed to be shown out of the pit area.
I didn't want to explain that I know my way around race cars, so I went home.
It's so funny that I am enthusiastically welcomed at national and international events, this year was my 7th class win at Bathurst endurance events for example, but not welcome at the SM1000.
Neil Trama

Thanks your feedback Neil. Due to insurance, liability Insurance and permit reasons from AASA, as well as our unique layout of the pits, we are restricted to opening the pits to the public over the lunch break, which is from 12:30-1:30pm. Our restictions are put in place by the AASA, NSW Police Force, Snowy Council and the NSW Department of Sport and Recreation. Opening times of the pits is advertised across all media as well prior to the event. If our pits were enclosed like BAthurst, Eastern Creek or Wakefiled, then we would not have these restrictions. I am a motorsport photographer by trade, so am well aware of restrictions each event places on pit access.

Entry EOI's will close this coming Sunday, the 10/5/15. Regulations will be sent out aprox 3-4 days days after that, with entries opening 7 days after that.

Thanks for all the entry EOI's guys. They are now closed.

Regulations should be on your email late this week or very early next week, with entries very shortly after that.

Looks like 5 Audis in this years entry list - the others are a supercharged 2006 RS4, a TT V10 RS6, 2014 S3 and 2010 Supercharged V6 S4. Anyone from here?

Hi SM1000

Have you been receiving many emails for wait list cars? I sent one off but didn't get a reply from you. I sent a couple of teaser pics of my white Nissan I wanted to enter.

Bloody state of origin screwed me!!!!!!

Hi SM1000

Have you been receiving many emails for wait list cars? I sent one off but didn't get a reply from you. I sent a couple of teaser pics of my white Nissan I wanted to enter.

Bloody state of origin screwed me!!!!!!

Yep, got yours. It is in the waiting list folder.

Back