• Welcome to ozAudi.com If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Rules by clicking the hyperlink.

Note that you are required to register before you can post.

If you experience a problem logging in, drop me an email to admin@ozAudi.com and I'll sort it out for you.

To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

2016 Maps are here already! (with p/n and photos)

Do you find this information helpful?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Keldo

2016 Maps for:

Audi MMI 3G
Audi MMI 3G Plus
Volkswagen RNS 850
Bentley Infotainment

General Availability March 2016

What's Changed:
1. 2015 map size is 1.86GB but 2016 is 2.84GB, many more roads and details!
2. Speech Dialog System is updated
3. TMC location table has bigger coverage, updated from v14 to v16, 2015 map was last updated on 18 Jun 2014
4. Many more POIs and Public Transport POIs
5. Freeways and freeway ramps colours further improved

2016 Part Numbers price at your local dealer:
1. Map SD Card: 8R0051884DJ - rrp $600
2. Activation Code: 8R0060886BF - rrp $180
3. MMI 3G Firmware (All Cars): 8R0906961DQ - rrp
$67
4. MMI 3G Plus Firmware (Q3, A6, A7, A8 ) : 8R0906961EA - rrp $79.75
5. MMI 3G Plus Firmware (A4, A5, Q5, Q7 ) : 8R0906961EB - rrp $79.75
6. MMI 3G Plus Firmware (A1): 8R0906961EC - rrp $79.75

IMG_5222.JPGIMG_5210.JPGIMG_5211.JPGIMG_5213.JPG

Copyright and Piracy:
As far as I know this forum is not affiliated with VW Audi Group, but it highly condemns software piracy, so please don't request files, post links or contact me. Also avoid patches and cracks, I've read on some other forums that activation patch (aka Carson patch) that worked in the past is now killing MMI units with 2016 firmware, so be careful!

Last edited:
Pics aren't working FWIW Keldo.
thanks for letting me know; my computer knowledge is becoming rusty Alister ;-)
I've now re-uploaded the pictures, also sent you an email yesterday.

sweet. is this available for a 2011 A5 with MMI 3G.

how do i get it installed in my car and what is the full pricing to get it installed. i am in WA

sweet. is this available for a 2011 A5 with MMI 3G. how do i get it installed in my car and what is the full pricing to get it installed. i am in WA
Yes - it's available for 3G systems, I recommend you buying the new firmware first ($67) then maps ($600) and install it yourself. Activation of the maps on 3G is easy and doesn't require dealer doing it for you, this way you will save about $180.

Does the firmware stuff up Goigle Earth?

Thanks Keldo.

Late last year Audi issued a recall to fix :thumbs_dn: the maps on the A6, and only the A6.

Check here Audi Australia P/L?Audi A6

From the link

Audi Australia P/L—Audi A6

PRA number:2015/14958
Date published: 14[SUP]th[/SUP] October 2015

Product information

Product description

Audi A6 (4GL) vehicles fitted with Navigation MMI “Multi Media Interface”

Identifying features

Campaign number: 91M6
Target number: 330

What are the defects?

On affected vehicles fitted with Navigation MMI Plus, the MMI was incorrectly coded during production. As a result, the internet content from Google Earth is displayed while the vehicle is moving.

What are the hazards?

The display of Google Earth (image and text) while the vehicle is moving could potentially be a distraction for the driver which could potentially lead to an accident.

Where the product was sold

• Nationally

Supplier

Audi Australia P/L

What should consumers do?

Consumers should contact their nearest Authorised Audi Dealership for inspection and repairs.

I tried to get some information from Audi Australia about what is actually involved with the update, why it only applies to the A6 while other models also have Google Earth functionality and what functionality I would lose after the improvement. No surprises when they came back with absolutely no idea what I was even asking, let alone an answer to it. Hopeless as usual.

Keldo, I know you have an A4 rather than an A6, but are you aware if this new firmware update stops the Google Earth overlay from working once the vehicle is moving?

Oh, and do you know if the new maps include the new roads into, out of the Sydney Domestic Airport? At the moment, every time I go to the domestic airport the map says I'm going off-road and through a hanger. The Allroad is good, but not that good.

Last edited:
Yes - it's available for 3G systems, I recommend you buying the new firmware first ($67) then maps ($600) and install it yourself. Activation of the maps on 3G is easy and doesn't require dealer doing it for you, this way you will save about $180.

thanks keldo. do you provide the instructions on how to do this including activation.?

wow, map updates costing $700, and my brother thought benz was taking the piss with the map update for his car. they wanted $600. something doesnt sit well with me with this, just seems like they r doing a cash grab, especially when u have navman and the gps brands offering free lifetime updates.
i mean, $700, thats pretty rude

Late last year Audi issued a recall to fix :thumbs_dn: the maps on the A6, and only the A6. Check here Audi Australia P/L?Audi A6...

Hi mate,

This is the first time I'm hearing about this recall; and thanks for making awareness. I just checked your VIN against recent campaigns but it didn't show up anything. Then I jumped on carsales and searched on A6 manufactured after 2015, got a rego then vin and searched and found this:

WAUZZZ4GXF.jpg

Opened up ODIS, connected to Gecko and downloaded the SVM profile for that VIN and I was able to see that the impacted car has MIB (Modular Infotainment Platform) system (p/n 4G1035052A); this is not MMI 3G Plus, this is the new system that is (and will continue) to supersede MMI 3G Plus systems on all VAG cars.

I impersonated the VIN and tried to implement the CRO (campaign repair order) and I was able to see that the order was trying to modify adaptation parameter for VIM (Video in motion) from integer value 255 (enabled) to 0 (disabled).

So in short: this is not applicable to you, it's applicable to cars with MIB that have SIM card slot, more specifically cars manufactured with PR Codes QU1 and QV3. I'm guessing someone has
whinged [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]about VIM locking and Audi had to kick off a campaign :)

[/FONT]Tools used:
1. Audi Campaign Check: Field campaigns
2. Car Sales: Used Cars - New Cars - Search New & Used Cars For Sale - carsales.com.au
3. VicRoads rego to vin: https://vre.vicroads.vic.gov.au/VREResults.aspx
4. ETKA online
5. ODIS with Gecko
6. BCM Simulator

I hope this helps!

wow, map updates costing $700, and my brother thought benz was taking the piss with the map update for his car. they wanted $600. something doesnt sit well with me..

Do you know why it costs $600? let me tell you a secret:

Because when you buy your Australian map, you're also buying map for Singapore, Malaysia, Brunei, South Africa, New Zealand, Middle East zone 1 (Jordan, Syria and Lebanon) and Middle East Zone 2 (Doha, Riadh, Jidah, Madinah etc). This is done this way just in case you need to drive your car few thousands kilometers overseas... :clap:
Just kidding, even though you pay for all these countries, they're actually locked, because your car region\country is set to Australia and not SouthEast Asia, Middle East etc.

and the madness doesn't stop here; you're also paying a fee to be able to use the map on VW and Bentley... it's just crazy!

Somebody with BOS one day will sue them for this :)

Last edited:
Thanks Keldo, above and beyond once again.

Audi already told me that my VIN was not affected, but as you know my MMI is not from my original car so I was unsure if the MMI might be impacted by this update. Glad to here it's just for the face lifted A6.

I contacted The Department of Infrastructure and Regional Development about this when it first came out last year. They are the department that also encompasses the transport portfolio at the Federal level. They would be the department that would issue a recall in Australia should one be dictated by the Nanny state. They were unaware of the recall so said it must have come from Audi, who were equally clueless. So it appears it has come from Audi HQ somewhere, but nobody at the customer interface has any idea about it whatsoever.

Thanks for the tip, logging onto MyAudi, it has told me previously i did, then didn't have a map upgrade, when i checked the car today i was running the 2014 maps. All updated now so will give it a run this week and see if i notice any difference.

K.

To confirm - do you need the purchase both the SD Card and activation code for a non SIM card holder MMI 3G Plus (Audi Q3) from the dealership or does the dealership hold the SD card and you only need the activation code to load your hard drive? I had a Touareg with the RNS 850 upgraded last year and only need the activation code (and firmware upgrade) to buy.
$780 is a bit uncomfortable to wear when my Golf running the MIB2 system has free downloads for the same maps.

Map updates?

To confirm - do you need the purchase both the SD Card and activation code for a non SIM card holder MMI 3G Plus (Audi Q3) from the dealership or does the dealership hold the SD card and you only need the activation code to load your hard drive? I had a Touareg with the RNS 850 upgraded last year and only need the activation code (and firmware upgrade) to buy.
$780 is a bit uncomfortable to wear when my Golf running the MIB2 system has free downloads for the same maps.

Keen to understand the same. I'd like to update my maps and am happy to pay, but the idea of $780 for the pleasure seems just a little bit crazy!

If you want to do it through dealer then yes; you will have to purchase SD and activation.

Is there any truth that the maps are the same as the VW Discovery Pro? If so are these maps able to be loaded with or without an activation code?

Is there any truth that the maps are the same as the VW Discovery Pro? If so are these maps able to be loaded with or without an activation code?
1. MMI 3G and VW Discovery Pro (aka MIB) Maps are not the same, not even similar, different application and different database and different OS version.
2. MIB maps are not free, they require activation too. New cars with MIB have FSC file that activates current year + n2

Thanks Keldo for expelling the myths and keeping the facts straight.
What do you mean by "New cars with MIB have FSC file that activates current year + n2"

How do I get this update? I have a an Audi Q7 bought in June 2015 (2015 build). Do I have to pay or does dealer just do it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To get the 2016 maps you will probably have to pay for the maps SD card and then pay Audi for activation. This will not be cheap. Audi do produce an update late last year which is referred to the 2015-16 update and this is just a small update. If you have a good dealer and ask nicely you might be able to get this one for free.

Back