• Welcome to ozAudi.com If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Rules by clicking the hyperlink.

Note that you are required to register before you can post.

If you experience a problem logging in, drop me an email to admin@ozAudi.com and I'll sort it out for you.

To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

A4 2008 2.0 - Coolant blowout - water pump replacement?

Hey everyone,
First time poster and was hoping to get some advice/recommendations.

A4 2008 2.0 - small coolant leak that i had booked in to the mechanics for a coolant diagnostic reared its ugly head last weekend and blew a hose on the highway :(

After a tow back home, i found thr blown hose and the cracked head of what apppears to be the water pump? (See yellow circle in pic)

Is there anything else i should consider prior to buying a replacement and getting it fitted?
Given the location i know its prefferable to change the timing belt too, last change was at 110000 and the a4 has roughly 170000 on the clock.

Thanks in advance everyone!

20230122_073043.jpg20230122_071909.jpg20230122_071352.jpg

Are you certain that's the water pump?
I remember on my A4 2.0t the thermostat was under the intake manifold and the waterpump was on the front block behind where the timing belt is.

Are you certain that's the water pump?
I remember on my A4 2.0t the thermostat was under the intake manifold and the waterpump was on the front block behind where the timing belt is.

Hey thechenga!
Thanks for the reply and on closer inspection it is the thermostat! Thank you!

Back