• Welcome to ozAudi.com If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Rules by clicking the hyperlink.

Note that you are required to register before you can post.

If you experience a problem logging in, drop me an email to admin@ozAudi.com and I'll sort it out for you.

To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

A4 B8 Quattro going from 18 to 19's - pitfalls, issues?

blackvulcan3

Hi all,

My 2014 (MY15) B8 TDi Quattro needs some new tyres. Its only just ticked over to 72000kms but it does like to chew through good soft rubber. I have 18's 245/40 at the moment and they just dont fill the guard.

I have always liked the rotor look and even though my car is Typhoon Grey I think a nice set of matte rotors would look good. I know I will struggle to get OEM now, but the non genuine wheel options look okay.

Has anyone gone down the path of 18 to 19's on the Quattro and had any dramas, rubbing, clearance, ride, anything of note? I was considering 255/35 to pair them with.

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

I've A4 B9 on factory 19". They buckle / bend very easily. Less tyre sidewall to take the hit from potholes etc..

cannot discuss ride quality for B8 going to 19". I believe B9 ride quality over the B8 was miles better by all accounts.

I know that My A4 B9, on fixed rate dampers, rides sensationally. I'm using Hankook S1 Evo3 these days. Car was originally delivered on S1 Evo2

Back