• Welcome to ozAudi.com If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Rules by clicking the hyperlink.

Note that you are required to register before you can post.

If you experience a problem logging in, drop me an email to admin@ozAudi.com and I'll sort it out for you.

To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Advice sought after....

TestySpice

Afternoon OOOO lovers.

I have a question to pose as someone that is strongly considering buying my first Audi.

Am looking down that path at a RSQ3 from 2020 - 23 , and as a current non Audi owner i'd love some solid , honest advice before i go lay a ton of money on one.

Firstly , posing a few questions within a group of potentially biased opinions is fraught with danger , am well aware of the slanting of your thoughts.... however....worth a shout i think. So...

What are the known issues with these cars? From those of you that either own them or know someone that does.
Are they a reliable model ? - or not ?
Do they burn oil more than a standard non Audi ( like my son's A3)
What are the normal servicing costs? and are parts just plainly exorbitant ? ( am aware that tyres run to around 800 each)

I have follow up questions however for now , the above gets me started , and to you all that are reading this , thanks

Regards
Phil

G'Day Phil, we have a My '23 RSQ3, which is our 3rd Audi, preceeded by an S3 & an RS3 (270kw), our current RSQ3 has 294kw & a 5 year warranty.
We've owned our RSQ3 for a little over a year, and we are totally happy with it. We have the SUV version, & we find it a little more practical for us, more ground clearance & greater interior space than our RS3. Didn't have any issues (loved it!) at all with our RS3 (270kw) it was just that the RSQ3 suits my wife more for what she does.
So, we've had no issues with either the RS3 or the RSQ3. I think Audi introduced a 5 year unlimited k warranty for cars delivered from 1st Jan. 2022, but you can check on that.
Yes the RSQ3 does have 21" wheels, so we're not looking forward to replacing tires!
I'm nut aware of any issues with the RSQ3, which we have serviced by our Dealer. However if you're buying a used vehicle, then without telling you how to suck eggs, I'd be looking for a low k unit with a full ownership/service history, because being a sort of "performance" (Wife never gets beaten from the lights if she's trying!) vehicle, there's always the risk that its been hard driven at times.
Like I said, we're very happy with our RSQ3, and if it's what you're looking for & you find a good one, I reckon you'll be happy too.

G'Day Phil, we have a My '23 RSQ3, which is our 3rd Audi, preceeded by an S3 & an RS3 (270kw), our current RSQ3 has 294kw & a 5 year warranty.
We've owned our RSQ3 for a little over a year, and we are totally happy with it. We have the SUV version, & we find it a little more practical for us, more ground clearance & greater interior space than our RS3. Didn't have any issues (loved it!) at all with our RS3 (270kw) it was just that the RSQ3 suits my wife more for what she does.
So, we've had no issues with either the RS3 or the RSQ3. I think Audi introduced a 5 year unlimited k warranty for cars delivered from 1st Jan. 2022, but you can check on that.
Yes the RSQ3 does have 21" wheels, so we're not looking forward to replacing tires!
I'm nut aware of any issues with the RSQ3, which we have serviced by our Dealer. However if you're buying a used vehicle, then without telling you how to suck eggs, I'd be looking for a low k unit with a full ownership/service history, because being a sort of "performance" (Wife never gets beaten from the lights if she's trying!) vehicle, there's always the risk that its been hard driven at times.
Like I said, we're very happy with our RSQ3, and if it's what you're looking for & you find a good one, I reckon you'll be happy too.
You've pretty much encapsulated the exact reason why i am leaning towards one of these. I am tall , and need a SUV type car that i fit into with some ease and i sense that that Q3 would do that. On top of that , i am not keen on the dud performance that my 2008 Prado gives me so a high powered Q3 is the target. ( for now).
Hoping that i can probe deeper.... what does Audi charge for services? and how often does Audi suggest that you need to do them?

Oh and do you know if this warranty you mention ( 5 yr one) is transferrable to a new owner?

Thanks also for your help and reply.

Last edited:
I believe the warranty is transferable.,
No idea of service costs, we take it to the dealer, they do what they do,....& we pay!, as a reward for dealer service I think Audi give you 12 months Audi roadside assist.
Some will say Audi Dealer service is a "rip off", but as far as we're concerned, our Dealer is good, they've done a couple of things for us at short notice, for no cost, & we're confident that if ever there was an issue, they would sort it.

1st Jan 2022 all new delivered Audis came with 5 year warranty, the warranty is for the orginal retail customer.
Prior to 31 Dec 2021 it was a 3 year warranty.
https://www.audi.com.au/au/web/en/owners/warranty.html
Approved Audi used vehicles also come with 1 year warranty and in most cases 12 months servicing (15000km).
Servicing costs are not fixed across all dealerships so it pays to explore what is available to you.
There are service plans available but this looks like they needed to be purchased when the vehicle was new.
Servicing on an RSQ3 is 12 months/15000km.
Additionally diff gear oil change is 30000km, haldex coupling oil change 36 months and gear box oil change 60000km.

Thank you to all of you that commented and added to this thread. I called my local Audi dealership for quotes on the above servicing costs ....

Hope that all of you do not pay what they quoted !! and that you have place that does it cheaper.

... especially the price for doing the front brakes. :oops:

Last edited:
I recently took my Kodiaq vRS to my local independent as it needed from brakes. He put on Brembo discs and pads and it was a 3rd of the cost of the local dealer... Better brakes and a much cheaper price..

I recently took my Kodiaq vRS to my local independent as it needed from brakes. He put on Brembo discs and pads and it was a 3rd of the cost of the local dealer... Better brakes and a much cheaper price..
I'll be keen to hear your feedback on the Brembo braking components jnrdavo, as I've heard some mixed reports on their OEM replacement range.

they have only been on for a few months, so will report back later..

Sent from my SM-G985F using Tapatalk

Back