• Welcome to ozAudi.com If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Rules by clicking the hyperlink.

Note that you are required to register before you can post.

If you experience a problem logging in, drop me an email to admin@ozAudi.com and I'll sort it out for you.

To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Android auto....tell me it's worth the trouble.

I hooked up an old Samsung S5 and tried it out - predominantly for Google traffic. Yeah it works but a few niggles like having the car warn you the phone is connected every time you exit the vehicle and the phone plus cable takes up most of the centre console...yeah, niggles only but not convinced it is better than the integrated approach the MMI has. I might leave it connected but only power on the phone when I need Google traffic. Love it if the car would run it natively.
Thoughts?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

First time owner of an RS3, its a 2016 PFL, does any one know what is involved in getting Android auto, I can't find a USB port to test it out?

Hey mate, welcome!!

From what I can find out, you might not have the 'box' required for Android Auto, so it's not just a job of 'activating' it..

Do you have the digital dash?

There are 'plug in' modules that can do this for you. From cheap one as alibaba, to more expensive ones for about $600 or so. Alternatively, there are 'replacement' screens and back end computer from RSNAV, that's what I have on my S5... It's fantastic, but more expensive.

10.25" RSNAV Series 4 Android 10 Snapdragon 665 8GB/128GB USB 3.0 Digi – RS Nav

Hopefully somebody else will chime in that has a RS3 PFL 8V..

Best bet is to create a new thread in the 'Help Me' section, just use the same content and see if anybody else replies :)

Back