• Welcome to ozAudi.com If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Rules by clicking the hyperlink.

Note that you are required to register before you can post.

If you experience a problem logging in, drop me an email to admin@ozAudi.com and I'll sort it out for you.

To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Anybody know where my old 83 Helios blue car is?

V8 DTM

Hi All,
I know Ross in Sydney had it for a long time, I sold it to him.
I also know their was a very early car in the same colour in Melbourne also. It was '81 maybe as it had the cable handles for the diffs under the hand break. 4 headlamp set up too.
Was owned by a gent who was also into old English cars, maybe Austin Healeys or Mg's???

Any info. on either of these cars would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Simon

PS. Just Spotted Gorden Mearns drive past my car wash on punt road in his red '84 URq. Nice as it is the 300SL gullwing that want past this morning has to be the highlight of the day. What a car!!

was that the one that was on carsales for a long time for 30K? I had a helios 82 that came from sydney...

I bought it from some place that was selling cars on ebay! Motorxchange, but don't know who it actually was. Had quad lights, reverse wipers and sunroof. malncol on here has it now

my car had the later lights and was an 83 model.

Hi mal any chance of a photo?
Dose it have cable diff locks?

no the pull know thingy...

100_1524.jpg

can't remember, i think like just under 80K miles when I got it and soemthing liek 85 or 90 when I sold it... not really sure...

it has 98361mls , its got 8" ronals on it now, still have the 6" ones. probably only done about 250kms since i got it as it does'nt get out much. to busy working on the shorty

mal

Hi David,
how's it going, still strong i hope?
How many mls on it now?

Do you have any pics of it you can post up.

Cheers,

Simon

Back