• Welcome to ozAudi.com If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Rules by clicking the hyperlink.

Note that you are required to register before you can post.

If you experience a problem logging in, drop me an email to admin@ozAudi.com and I'll sort it out for you.

To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Anyone got a spare 1.8T ECU I can borrow for an hour??

Stats

Yes, I'm still here ... just!

I need to confirm that my ECU (Engine) is the reason why I can't start the TT. Trouble is VCDS is not throwing up any DTC's ... but neither is it talking to the engine.

if you've been trying to flash and uploaded an unchecksummed file or one not compatible and the ECu isn't reading anymore you should be able to connect again after you remove the battery terminals for about a minute or 5. reconnect them and try connect again with vcds

should get you talking to the ECU :)

Thanks Ian,

Done that. VCDS actually comes back with "Intermittent Connection" on one of the Blocks.

Yes, I'm still here ... just!

I need to confirm that my ECU (Engine) is the reason why I can't start the TT. Trouble is VCDS is not throwing up any DTC's ... but neither is it talking to the engine.

I don't believe you will just be able to swap the ECU and start the car as per say because the loan ECU will have Immobiliser enabled on it.

Get over to NefMoto - Index for more reading.

just as long as the loan ECU has been IMMO off if will work.

I have an ECU from 225 S3 but won't work cuz different model number.

I don't believe you will just be able to swap the ECU and start the car as per say because the loan ECU will have Immobiliser enabled on it.

Get over to NefMoto - Index for more reading.

Back