• Welcome to ozAudi.com If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Rules by clicking the hyperlink.

Note that you are required to register before you can post.

If you experience a problem logging in, drop me an email to admin@ozAudi.com and I'll sort it out for you.

To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Audi B8 MMI 3G+ // Maps installed but no version shown

Lazpi

Hi;

Little history first;

Friends MMI 3G+ has DVD reader broken, so we decided to put my old 3G+ unit on his car. He went to Audi dealer and they try to remove CP. We don't know what they did, but, they didn't remove CP and given back with all zeros in the coding.

We decided to copy his CP, and paste in mines. With this, MMI was working on the car. Pasted his coding, and all seems to work fine (backup camera, radio, DVD, SD cards, juke box...) but the GPS is not working, when you push the GPS button it stucks on 'Initalizing'.

We noticed the the maps version on the setup is in blank, no version shown. But, when you connect via VCDS to the 5F unit, it displays that 2019 maps are installed.

checking the green menu, its shows that there are maps on HDD, but 'ACTIVE_NAV_DATABASE' is in '0' instead of '1'.

Anyone knows how to fix it? Maybe reinstalling the maps? Could be any other solution?

Thanks in advance

Back