• Welcome to ozAudi.com If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Rules by clicking the hyperlink.

Note that you are required to register before you can post.

If you experience a problem logging in, drop me an email to admin@ozAudi.com and I'll sort it out for you.

To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Audi in the ACT

excellent!

not sure on the complete car situation for Steve...

oh yes ... my ride is settling in very well indeed...

Count me in. This S3W guy sounds cool. From Audi S3 to Jeep GC75 to Fiat 500 to VW G7.5 and KTM 390 Duke !

ok, ok, looking forward to seeing you guys again. Don’t be intimidated by my Golf guys - Audi’s make good (second) cousins 😜

G'day Steve,

Is the KTM training wheels for the Fiat 500???? Good to hear that you are back in the fold in a peoples car. Looking forward to hearing about your transitions.

Count me in for meet at Ona.
Enjoyed the last meet at Sutton.
A3 8L 1.8T
bf01cb7e26442d1e938010b71a7fa7ae.jpg

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

it would appear that ONA are so modern that they don't even answer their "phone". So no booking for tomorrow. I will get there a little early and try to secure a table for 8 people or so. see you all tomorrow @ 9...

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

Team VAG Canberra - Cooma Drive (15 April)

Well done team, a well executed brunch this morning!

So, looks like our next official meet (with an actual drive!) will be sometime in April.

Something like:
Date: 15 April (Cooma markets are 3rd Sunday of each month)
Time: Depart Canberra @ 0900ish (location tba - perhaps a coffee to start off?)
Lunch: 1200 or so (Steve investigating options, but potential for Alpine Hotel)
Leisurely drive back in the afternoon

Hope that works for everyone.

thanks again for catching up this morning, great to see everyone.

Works for me. Great morning and good to catch up with all. The Alpine Hotel does great steaks and as Steve has a bit of local knowledge, he will be able to sort us all out for a good feed. We might even have to do a dry run to check out the options.

Have pencilled in the date and will stay updated on the event. First time poster here, but long time observer, and have owned an RS3 for the past year. Looking forward to going for a drive and meeting some like minded VAG/Audi folks :_b:

- Andrew

Welcome, how did you manage to stay off the radar for a year with an RS3. More self control than many here. It'll be a good run, family friendly with lunch and the local markets should any family members need additional encouragement to come along.

Welcome, how did you manage to stay off the radar for a year with an RS3. More self control than many here. It'll be a good run, family friendly with lunch and the local markets should any family members need additional encouragement to come along.

I'm in hospitality so my working and sleeping hours are all out of whack, but luckily work life has settled down and I've got some more time to dedicate to car life. I've been quite here, but you've probably seen my red sportsback farting around the city area.

I'm in hospitality so my working and sleeping hours are all out of whack, but luckily work life has settled down and I've got some more time to dedicate to car life. I've been quite here, but you've probably seen my red sportsback farting around the city area.

I assume then that was you on Londsdale St about 11:30 this morning?

Sounded great!

Have pencilled in the date and will stay updated on the event. First time poster here, but long time observer, and have owned an RS3 for the past year. Looking forward to going for a drive and meeting some like minded VAG/Audi folks :_b:

- Andrew
Welcome indeed! Look forward to meeting.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

OK Guys and Girls, it's a week today if anyone is still interested in the run to Cooma on the 15th. I'm taking a dummy run through Cooma on Tuesday to have a fling through the mountains before the snow bunnies come out to play. Don't know if Steve has the local knowledge list of Cooma eateries on tap so we'll have a look at the options anyway. The Alpine has always been good for us but on the assumption that not everyone eats mountain beef, we'll check out the other end of town for Asian and Veg options.

No idea where any starters may come from so a coffee way down south would avoid some back tracking. Anyone know of a place in the far south?

We'll be heading down on the Sunday irrespective of the numbers so if you or your car needs a run, post up so we can confirm a meet place and time.

OK Guys and Girls, it's a week today if anyone is still interested in the run to Cooma on the 15th. I'm taking a dummy run through Cooma on Tuesday to have a fling through the mountains before the snow bunnies come out to play. Don't know if Steve has the local knowledge list of Cooma eateries on tap so we'll have a look at the options anyway. The Alpine has always been good for us but on the assumption that not everyone eats mountain beef, we'll check out the other end of town for Asian and Veg options.

No idea where any starters may come from so a coffee way down south would avoid some back tracking. Anyone know of a place in the far south?

We'll be heading down on the Sunday irrespective of the numbers so if you or your car needs a run, post up so we can confirm a meet place and time.

Sorry, I’m out.
Packing up for our trip to Perth later in the week.
Have fun everyone, hopefully the weather holds out.

Wednesday afternoon and only one response. Bit sad for a run that has been up on the board for a few months now. My run to Cooma yesterday has some of the ever present EOFY road works and a few more HWP stuck in traffic with the rest of us. The run from Jindabyne to Threadbo today was perfect. No HWP on the way out and only one on the way back.

There are plenty of lunch time eateries open to cater for all tastes, but the Cooma Hotel and Roses Lebanese Restaurant are probably the pick for an evening meal.

I don't think I'll bother committing to Sunday at this stage. The roadworks are a PIA. If anyone does decide to go, it is still a good run for those who choose their cars to drive them.

Back