• Welcome to ozAudi.com If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Rules by clicking the hyperlink.

Note that you are required to register before you can post.

If you experience a problem logging in, drop me an email to admin@ozAudi.com and I'll sort it out for you.

To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Audi Q5 Front Brakes Replacement cost

Peter R

Hi, I need to get my front brake pads and rotors changed as I am experiencing significant steering wheel shudder.
The cost to replace them from Audi was $2200. A very good local auto repairer who has done work on Range Rovers I owned will do the same work for $730 using guaranteed components.
Just how can that difference be justified?. Naturally I am going to the local guy.
I had a similar r story with getting new tyres and had to wait for 2 weeks to get a reply from the dealer and of course I was able to get 4 new Continental tyres supplied , fitted , balance AND a wheel alignment for $300 less from Bob Jayne.
As much as I like my Q5 it is a very expensive car to maintain.

There is a misconception around town that an Audi owner needs to go to an Audi dealer to do any job to their car.
You don't! All you need is a mechanic you can trust to do the job. You car will not lose its warranty if genuine parts are used. That's for service etc.
In regards to break discs, I had Audi Quote me $4000 to change the front discs on my RS3. I ended up getting DBA 5000 performance breaks which are exactly the same as we're on the car with Intima Pads for $1700 fitted.

I would always suggest to anyone to go to your local guy. 1. He'll appreciate your business. 2. 9/10 he will save you a lot of money! 3. You've supported your local small business!

Agree fully. That's a huge saving you got.

Sent from my SM-G985F using Tapatalk

its the labour cost that the dealer charges per hour that makes the overall bill seem huge by comparison.
the dealer will be $220/ hour and your independant $160ish/ hour makes a huge difference.
its not surprising given the overheads at the dealer and it comes down to is there value in genuine Audi service for your car ?

Just replaced pads and rotors on the MY17 SQ5 to all 4 corners $1800 :_b:

There is a misconception around town that an Audi owner needs to go to an Audi dealer to do any job to their car.
You don't! All you need is a mechanic you can trust to do the job. You car will not lose its warranty if genuine parts are used. That's for service etc.
In regards to break discs, I had Audi Quote me $4000 to change the front discs on my RS3. I ended up getting DBA 5000 performance breaks which are exactly the same as we're on the car with Intima Pads for $1700 fitted.

I would always suggest to anyone to go to your local guy. 1. He'll appreciate your business. 2. 9/10 he will save you a lot of money! 3. You've supported your local small business!
Thank you

I will not argue about what's been said about Audi dealership servicing, but the genuine RS3 rotors are expensive, installed by them or by an independent mechanic.

are there suitable after market options?

Sent from my SM-G985F using Tapatalk

Back