• Welcome to ozAudi.com If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Rules by clicking the hyperlink.

Note that you are required to register before you can post.

If you experience a problem logging in, drop me an email to admin@ozAudi.com and I'll sort it out for you.

To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Auto Transmission service?

Sam00

I own a 2014 A5 Quattro 7 speed Auto Transmission with 170km on the clock and was wondering do I need to service the auto Transmission. I don't have any issues drives fine. I asked a local mechanic and he tells me on the Quattro model they are fill for life and no service is required, is this true?

Sent from my Pixel 8 Pro using Tapatalk

there are two thoughts on this one. One is that they are 'for life' and don't need any changes, the others don't believe this, and do change the oil.
So, it's really up to you. From my perspective, it can't hurt (unless done wrong) to change the oil from time to time.
I've done it on my S3 (all oils), so more for prevention rather than 'having' to do it.

Most of the problems I think that we see on the auto boxes is the TCU (computer), but others please pass on your thoughts.

there are two thoughts on this one. One is that they are 'for life' and don't need any changes, the others don't believe this, and do change the oil.
So, it's really up to you. From my perspective, it can't hurt (unless done wrong) to change the oil from time to time.
I've done it on my S3 (all oils), so more for prevention rather than 'having' to do it.

Most of the problems I think that we see on the auto boxes is the TCU (computer), but others please pass on your thoughts.
Thanks for your response. The official Audi service schedule states should be serviced every 60k.

I'd go with that then. If it's not been done at all, then it's well due if required every 60K.

Is your 7 speed auto the twin clutch DSG? If so the oil change interval is every 38,000 miles. (At least in the UK)
The rear diff is sealed for life but the fluids can be changed.

Is your 7 speed auto the twin clutch DSG? If so the oil change interval is every 38,000 miles. (At least in the UK)
The rear diff is sealed for life but the fluids can be changed.
Yes it is 7 speed dual clutch. Got it serviced today and the mechanic said the existing oil was in good condition but best you have it serviced every 60kms as recommended by service manual.

Back