• Welcome to ozAudi.com If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Rules by clicking the hyperlink.

Note that you are required to register before you can post.

If you experience a problem logging in, drop me an email to admin@ozAudi.com and I'll sort it out for you.

To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

B5 A4 Blown Tranny?

finn

Hi guys,
Today I’m pretty sure my transmission or centre diff exploded.
I was driving normally, like a grandma you could say, and I made a u-turn and had to go to full lock. After straightening out it started jumping and bucking. It started with one. But got worse and worse in about 100m. I pulled over and now it won’t move at all.
In any gear once the clutch is engaged it makes an awful grinding noise and doesn’t go anywhere.
I haven’t read anywhere of this happening to anyone and thought these transmissions are known to explode?
What baffles me the most is I wasn’t driving quickly or launching or anything. Simply in first gear making a slow u-turn and something seemed to have popped.
Any help is appreciated.
Finn.

Might just be the clutch... Get it to an independent to check it out...

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Might just be the clutch... Get it to an independent to check it out...

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Thanks,
Just installed a brand new clutch and flywheel 2000km ago. Clutch seems to be working as it should. Either way I’m pulling it apart before making anymore assumptions. Would just like to see if anyone else had gone through the same thing,
Cheers.

Back