• Welcome to ozAudi.com If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Rules by clicking the hyperlink.

Note that you are required to register before you can post.

If you experience a problem logging in, drop me an email to admin@ozAudi.com and I'll sort it out for you.

To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

C5 Allroad Faulty Diesel Injection Pump - Melbourne

nub11

Hi,
2004 Allroad 2.5tdi, just stopped suddenly and vagcom shows j399 error code which very strongly suggest faulty injection pump.
Got a rough quote of about $4k.m to fix if needs a refurbished pump. This is just too much for a car that is probably worth $5 to $6k only.

Anyone else had the pump replaced in Melbourne for a reasonable price ??? In the UK forums they recommended Diesel Bob who refurbishes the pump for about 600 pounds, but we don’t have anyone like him in Aus from what I can see.

Also, is it a diy job if I can get a refurbished pump from overseas ???

cheers
nub

Can be done at home if your competent. I have just sent a pump to the UK for Bob to look at. You need VCDS and timing lock tools.
Do you have VCDS and gave you checked the pump to see if it has just slipped a little out of its injection timing window?
If you end up buying a new pump or the ecu on your current pump is the problem you will need the pin to recode the pump to your ecu with VCDS.

Back