• Welcome to ozAudi.com If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Rules by clicking the hyperlink.

Note that you are required to register before you can post.

If you experience a problem logging in, drop me an email to admin@ozAudi.com and I'll sort it out for you.

To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Car hoist for home

Nice. I went another way with a totally portable hoist due to the possibility of moving house and also getting the right concrete floor specs for a two post unit. I would be more than happy to have a permanent lift but even with three Audi, my portable just doesn't get that much use. Also I have to park one car where the hoist would stand and that upright and rare doors just gives me the willies. Looks like you are better sorted than many of us.

Just sneak it in piece by piece :roll: Whats that saying about asking forgiveness............ Plus you'll find all these new mates once it is installed.

Voila! I have an RSJ over the car so anything more than an 800mm high lift is wasted.
RSJ.jpg

It lifts 2 tonne about 660mm with an electric drill. You can strip it down and put it in the back of a station wagon easily. Weighs about 70 Kg all up.
With my constraints, anything bigger wasn't going to work. I have had my cars up on it for months at a time so certainly has no problem areas.

Would love a two poster but beggars...........
car lift.jpg

Voila! I have an RSJ over the car so anything more than an 800mm high lift is wasted.

It lifts 2 tonne about 660mm with an electric drill. You can strip it down and put it in the back of a station wagon easily. Weighs about 70 Kg all up.
That setup looks pretty neat IchBautAuto, and reminds me a little of the Quickjack which is also a decent solution for a standard garage where height and concrete floor thickness considerations come into play.
car-lift-for-garage_1.jpg

I looked at that. I had an issue with needing the car to lift straight up rather than in an arc. Sometimes first world problems, but neat when you can get something that meets all your picky criteria.

They dropped off my list as side entry was a must. When it is around zero in mid winter, opening the garage door to allow you to roll under the car isn't on the cards. Not enough end room in my garage. There are a lot of great units out there, all of which I'd love if they worked for my garage limitations. Have to settle for what works.

600mm odd travel is ample for what I want to do. Some food for thought. Maybe a Christmas present for myself.

good pickup!

He only had one posting, so most likely spammed. I've given an infraction.

Might not have been the smartest advertising attempt when it opened up some alternatives available locally. All because we couldn't resist having a chat and stealing the post. Naughty.

Might not have been the smartest advertising attempt when it opened up some alternatives available locally. All because we couldn't resist having a chat and stealing the post. Naughty.

And to think we were trying to be polite and took our conversation offline!

I have seen the TuffLift unit in action and I can say it’s probably the best your going to get int Australia.

The biggest things I want in a hoist are minimum lifting hight, maximum lifting capability and 2 speed lifting options. Having one lifting speed is very difficult when doing engine removals or anything involving delicate work. Also a 2 speed lowing ability would be ideal being that all cars are different weights. I know when I have my Polo on there and lowing speeds are completely different to the RS5. I’m forever adjusting the lowing speed with the screw valve.
I’m looking at installing a manual lowering handle.
Also having a lift that does not need the use of a air compressor would be very handy. Most hoist have air actuators for the locking mechanisms. Kinda a pain in the ass just to start the air compressor up just to lower the hoist.

But yeh the TuffLift units are built very well and I recommend them.
You can get some very nice ones that a US and UK made but its going to cost you an arm and a leg for postage.

I’m looking at selling mine some time soon so if anyone’s interested in mine let me know

a2e7b97c6d960c6acf91d2fd922ffd2a.jpg

2dcec149a01d65ec44723ca964170468.jpg

Back