• Welcome to ozAudi.com If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Rules by clicking the hyperlink.

Note that you are required to register before you can post.

If you experience a problem logging in, drop me an email to admin@ozAudi.com and I'll sort it out for you.

To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Cracked Windscreen Repair Q3

Imjinman

Hi

Has anyone got any thoughts on the pros and cons of using Audi Dealer vs O'Brien to replace my cracked Q3 windscreen. Audi Allianz Insurance happy to go with either and will cover OEM Audi windscreen (so O'Brien would use that). NO extra cost to me.

• O'Brien appear to have the experience- doing it day in day out. And I have booked in. But they are a "general repairer" according to Allianz and not Audi specifically authorised- not sure what that means
  • Audi Dealer have been a nightmare to deal with: "We will get back to you" five times...and still no appointment made after 4 weeks since first call. But it would keep everything under Audi, and obviously authorised
  • Issue: O'Brien says they do not need to get Audi to check calibration. Audi say they do.

My gut says go with O'Brien: booked in and they can do it.

Any thoughts? Apart from Audi after sales are ****e

Blane

Hi

Has anyone got any thoughts on the pros and cons of using Audi Dealer vs O'Brien to replace my cracked Q3 windscreen. Audi Allianz Insurance happy to go with either and will cover OEM Audi windscreen (so O'Brien would use that). NO extra cost to me.

• O'Brien appear to have the experience- doing it day in day out. And I have booked in. But they are a "general repairer" according to Allianz and not Audi specifically authorised- not sure what that means
  • Audi Dealer have been a nightmare to deal with: "We will get back to you" five times...and still no appointment made after 4 weeks since first call. But it would keep everything under Audi, and obviously authorised
  • Issue: O'Brien says they do not need to get Audi to check calibration. Audi say they do.

Blane
I'm not sure of the qualifications of Audi Dealer service techs in any particular area, but I wouldn't have thought that their expertise extends to removing & refitting windscreens which would be a fairly tricky job, requiring specific skills.
Pickles.

I'm not sure of the qualifications of Audi Dealer service techs in any particular area, but I wouldn't have thought that their expertise extends to removing & refitting windscreens which would be a fairly tricky job, requiring specific skills.
Pickles.

That's what I have thought. My whole experience with Audi has not filled me with confidence.

Now Audi are saying they do not need to check/calibrate o briens work

You would find that Audi sub contract the windscreen replacement out to someone like Midas or O'Briens.
They would have their mobile service attend the workshop, Audi would supply the glass and once finished run a quick scan over to ensure all is calibrated correctly.

You would find that Audi sub contract the windscreen replacement out to someone like Midas or O'Briens.
They would have their mobile service attend the workshop, Audi would supply the glass and once finished run a quick scan over to ensure all is calibrated correctly.

Wish they'd say that- they said they did it. And O'Brien would send them vehicles to calibrate- which O'brien say is bollox as they do it all themselves and no need to go to Audi.

Hi Blane,

Just curious how it all went with O'Briens. Are you happy with the work ? I'm going to have to get my Q5 windscreen replaced.

Cheers

Fraser

Hi

Blane

Hi Blane,

Just curious how it all went with O'Briens. Are you happy with the work ? I'm going to have to get my Q5 windscreen replaced.

Cheers

Fraser

They did it all right but had to go back a week later as I noticed the windscreen wasn't sealed well for about 6 inches along the bottom edge- a gap. But they fixed there and then. Seems to be pretty good now. On next service I'll get Audi to test calibration

You have your hands tied behind your back. Audi mosman service were shocking.

Blane

Back