• Welcome to ozAudi.com If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Rules by clicking the hyperlink.

Note that you are required to register before you can post.

If you experience a problem logging in, drop me an email to admin@ozAudi.com and I'll sort it out for you.

To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Debadging

concealeddesign

Julian @ concealed design
SUPPLIES

WD-40
Fishing Wire (20 lb test)
Hairdryer freebie
Wax/Polis

The first thing you want to do is to bring out your hair dryer and heat up the lettering on the car a little bit. If you get it warm, the glue will peel of easier. It was 20 degrees when I did this car,

please keep feeling the paint, dont get it to hot and dont hold the hair dryer in one spot move it across the badges

After you heat up the lettering, you want to go ahead and slide a piece of fishing line between the back of the lettering and the car.

it is some times good to get some one to hold the hair dyer while you slide the fishing line under the letter just keep the thing moving!!!!

you should have the badges off now, and there will be glue left on the paint

At this point, you just want to rub and pick at the glue that is left on the back of the car. I got most of the glue off by rolling it with my finger. The rest I just worked at with my fingernail. You should be able to get almost all of it off.

please do use anything but your hand and fingernail !!! cant stress that enough

As you can see there are only little specs of glue remaining From here you just hit it with the WD-40, and give it a good wipe down - I try not to let the WD-40 sit on the car for long at all. Wash of the WD-40 with a wet cloth, and then polish the paint as needed with some polish/wax.

but it is really bad for your clear coat, makes it go hazy

i used a paint scraper, and just caught the edge of the badge, the whole thing came off, glue and all. the other thing that is great for glue etc on paint is turps, wont hurt the paint at all and works quickly, the trick to it is quantity... drown a rag in it!! lol

really? thats wicked!

mate long time no post! where have ya been?

3923d1094252491-osnn-irc-channel-irc-freenode-net-holythreadresbatman.jpg

Attachments

• 3923d1094252491-osnn-irc-channel-irc-freenode-net-holythreadresbatman.jpg
    3923d1094252491-osnn-irc-channel-irc-freenode-net-holythreadresbatman.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
Europe and china. bloody work is sending me all over.

glad to be back though. currently doing some research into a new build. prob going to get a B7 and design a custom body kit for it. seeing thats what i do for work. will be starting a thread about it soon.

Europe and china. bloody work is sending me all over.

glad to be back though. currently doing some research into a new build. prob going to get a B7 and design a custom body kit for it. seeing thats what i do for work. will be starting a thread about it soon.

awesome, get me a job...im over account management and need a change

In the process right now is the development of my design company. Fine tuning has brought me into the automotive industry and I'm going to start my own brand. Being modifications, body-kits and custom builds. every month we are going to try and work on a new build. trying to be as fair as possible in regards to pricing, people can wear our Logo on their cars for a certain time period.

Should have my work shop in the next few months. Then the fun begins.

I will be looking for people which suit what i what to achieve. those with crazy skills, that don't get to use them properly.

Back