• Welcome to ozAudi.com If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Rules by clicking the hyperlink.

Note that you are required to register before you can post.

If you experience a problem logging in, drop me an email to admin@ozAudi.com and I'll sort it out for you.

To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

E-Tuners

Status
Not open for further replies.
first question is why would u look at an obscure tuning company, especially for a vag product which already has numerous well known and established options?
surely price isnt the only reason? most tuning options are about the same ballpark. power gain? most products are about the same power gains.
just go with the known tuning companies and u have peace of mind, rather than having to ask around if anyone knows about a tuning company that noone knows about

I disagree. Most big tuning companies offer generic maps without any proper road calibrations and simply rely on their name as a selling point.
I know E-Tuners and yes they are good.
Gordie from E-Tuners here in Melbourne is great and his work is very solid. I have seen it first hand.
I myself have gone with Underground Performance as each of their tunes are calibrated specifically to that particular vehicle.
We did numerous rolling road runs and tests, with adjustments made to suit my car 100% in accordance to my modifications and how the car was performing.

Well firstly they are not obscure and they do great things with vag cars. I just needed some feedback. As for going for well established options like APR or Revo its no good for me. They are just flash tunes with generic maps without any proper road calibrations. I need a custom file and then put on the dyno to get the full potential of mods I've done. I'm running Stage 3+. Totally agree with you Paul.

Keep us updated on which route you take with this mate, will be interesting to know.

Well firstly they are not obscure and they do great things with vag cars. I just needed some feedback. As for going for well established options like APR or Revo its no good for me. They are just flash tunes with generic maps without any proper road calibrations. I need a custom file and then put on the dyno to get the full potential of mods I've done. I'm running Stage 3+. Totally agree with you Paul.

ok, i wasnt aware that u have done extensive modifications. if thats the case, then of course a custom tune/ ecu is obviously the direction to go. motec, haltech, etc to get the most out of your car.
otherwise, for most owners, running bolt ons or just a flash, then a custom tune is not cost effective

They are having 15% discount on all tunes at the moment.
Spoke to the guys at E-Tuning today, $1195 to stage 1 my A5 2.0T Quattro. They claim that normally there would be a $395 fee on top of this for a DSG tune too, but, as part of the 'sale' this fee is being waved.
10-15% increased Torque
Boost increased to 24+psi which was advised to be a safe level for a stock 2.0T - This particularly doesn't sit well with me.

s

Hey mate, empty your inbox, got something to send across to you

Spoke to the guys at E-Tuning today, $1195 to stage 1 my A5 2.0T Quattro. They claim that normally there would be a $395 fee on top of this for a DSG tune too, but, as part of the 'sale' this fee is being waved.
10-15% increased Torque
Boost increased to 24+psi which was advised to be a safe level for a stock 2.0T - This particularly doesn't sit well with me.

s

10-15% increased Torque

s

Gotta keep up with those pesky S3 blokes on the drive days somehow eh?

Audi S3 MY16 Daytona Grey

Hi Guys. Anyone had there car tuned by E-Tuners?

Hey mate, just wondering how you went with your tune ? Did you end up going with E-tuners as I'm considering going down that path myself with my S3 here in Sydney. How was your experience ?

Thanks,

Hi There. I ended up driving my car to Melbourne to Underground Performance. Alex does a great tune and really looks after you. Underground Performance now have a affiliate here in Sydney who does their tunes called PacorTech. Give either one a call and they should be able to help you out.

I use Gordie from E-Tuners Motorsport in Melbourne (They have partner workshops nationally)

I did the amount of research one would expect when upgrading the turbo on a brand new RS3..

Gordie is all about customer satisfaction and a quick look at their Fbook page would show the hundreds of cars he has tuned - not to mention E-tuners Motorsport is a global company, with workshops in many countries across the globe..

Gordie has his own in-house dyno and compared to others, its a bit of a heart breaker but more important is his numbers back it up down the 1/4 mile with the trap speed (I've seen other <supposedly> high KW cars trap low MPH's, the strip doesn't lie like a dyno can..)

Few weeks ago he did a Ferrari 458 which is a true testament to his ability..!

My dyno and my MPH on 25,000km old street tyres.. I'll be going back on R spec rubber shortly to work on that 60 footer :)

e50_dyno_KW_NM.jpg

Drag_strip_slips_APRIL_2018.jpg

and my AFR = nice and safe :)

f5d82c7ef5b67cd97c562b42399da5a9.jpg

Last edited:
As discussed recently Nath! Keep up the good work and good luck at the next 1/4 .....Get those low 10's!

Appreciate your knowledge, information and advise, cant wait to join the RS3 club hopefully soon...

Cheers!

Nothing under the photos for me?

Must be a Tapatalk problem, will try from a PC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nothing under the photos for me?

Here you go:

Daytona RS3 | RS Performance | Assistance | Black High Gloss | Panoramic Roof | Stage 3+

TomCat TC600 Hybrid | E-Tuner Motorsport ECU & TCU | Wagner Evo 3 FMIC | HG Motorsport Downpipe | Milltek Decats | HG Motorsport intake | BMC Filter | Autotech HPFP | AEM Methanol Kit | GFB DV+ | Mishimoto Catch Can | MSS Suspension | Michelin PS4S | Rays Forged ZE40's

331kw / 640Nm @ Wheels

1/4: 11.07 & 133MPH

Strongly thinking about heading down to Gordie in Melbourne or UGP as well.

Was thinking about APR - despite not calibrating and just flashing the ecu - they have been in the game for a long time but.. a flash for $1600 doesn't sit well with me lol.
OEM+ has been spoken as of late but again.. Another flashing option.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back