• Welcome to ozAudi.com If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Rules by clicking the hyperlink.

Note that you are required to register before you can post.

If you experience a problem logging in, drop me an email to admin@ozAudi.com and I'll sort it out for you.

To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Easiest way to remove old wheel weights tape/residue?

BowA3

Gave my car a real good wash this weekend, sat down and gave the rims a good going over. Got into the back of the rims and removed all of the brake dust/dirt.
One thing that was left was the old tape/residue from the previous weights. What's the easiest way to remove all of this considering it's a bit hard to get too?

K.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Gave my car a real good wash this weekend, sat down and gave the rims a good going over. Got into the back of the rims and removed all of the brake dust/dirt.
One thing that was left was the old tape/residue from the previous weights. What's the easiest way to remove all of this considering it's a bit hard to get too?

K.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tea tree oil will easily dissolve the adhesive residue without any further concerns with substrate compatibility / possible damage.

AUDI RS3 SEDAN (MY18)
- Catalunya Red w/Black Optics + Perf Pack 2
- Evotech TCU & ECU custom tune (stage 2)
- Integrated Engineering Carbon Fibre air intake
- Hypertune FMIC & crashbar
- Iroz Motorsports Downpipe & midpipes
- Iroz Motorsports DSG catchcan
- Turbosmart BOV
- H&R Height adjustable springs + spacers + rear sway bar
- Ceramic Pro treatment
- P3 Cars gauge + Dragy GPS

Back