• Welcome to ozAudi.com If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Rules by clicking the hyperlink.

Note that you are required to register before you can post.

If you experience a problem logging in, drop me an email to admin@ozAudi.com and I'll sort it out for you.

To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

EOI - End of 2015/Early 2016 Cruise

The O'Brien loop (aka the Death Valley loop) is a good drive - a few twisties so a favourite of motorcyclists (and cyclists) so need to be careful on the bends. It also turns into Clenton Rd which is where Peter Brock crashed in 06 - there's a memorial at the site of the crash.

If you're interested in a country drive (including the O'Brien loop) I would recommend a run to Toodyay via route below - a very popular motorcycling route (all up about 3 hours - not including the obligatory refreshment stop at the Cola Café in Toodyay):

(I tried posting a link to the mapped route but with less than 10 posts on this forum for some obscure reason I can't post links)

So here it is in long form:

- Drive north on Great Northern Hwy to Bullsbrook and turn right onto Chittering Rd (opposite Pearce Airbase).
- Follow Chittering Rd to Julimar Rd and turn right onto Julimar Rd.
- Follow Julimar Rd all the way into Toodyay.
- Stop at the Cola Café (on the left hand side of main drag as you enter town) for breakfast/brunch/lunch - good coffee and meals (and a shrine to all things Coca Cola). Once again I couldn't post the link to the site but google Cola Café and be amazed by the memorabilia.
- Then home via Toodyay Rd - continue along main drag out of town (it turns into Toodyay Rd).
- On the way home detour to the O'Brien Loop - turn right off Toodyay Rd at Berry Rd (just before Gidgegannup) - follow Berry Rd and turn left onto Clenton Rd - follow Clenton/OBrien loop until the T intersection at Toodyay Rd.
- Turn right onto Toodyay Rd and home.

How about next weekend - Sun 27th Dec?

The route sounds interesting to me but due to lack to response so far I assume that everyone is pretty busy before the end of the year?

Might see if something can be organised with the VW guys and girls as there is a good core group that meet for coffee every Saturday morning .... Plus the group does include at least 4-5 Audi's

Might see if something can be organised with the VW guys and girls as there is a good core group that meet for coffee every Saturday morning .... Plus the group does include at least 4-5 Audi's

Hopefully all serviced regularly and well maintained so we don't have to wait around while they diagnose a "Check Engine" light :D

I need new engine - failed oil consumption test. Hope its done by march for cruise otherwise everyone behind me will be dealing with a smokey screen lol

Ouch! My VW used to chew through oil but never quite enough for it to fail the test.
Hopefully you are not out of pocket?

hopefully

audi in ozzy park quoted just under $9800.

They said they will not help out contributing financially because the vehicle has a 3rd party warranty in place!! sounds like an excuse to me.
The warranty that come with the car when i brought her over from victoria only covers up to $1750 for engine internals.

Few things are underway atm because the dealer lied to me about the oil issue before i purchased the car, i wouldnt have gone ahead with the deal if i knew it was burning oil thats for sure.

The claim process is getting messy now but the dealership who sold me the car appear to be making some effort to work on a solution for me.

who knows, sounds like i purchased another lemon :( haha

I'd be keen to say g'day and go for a cruise

MY16 S3 Glacier White

Would be nice to have another RS owner come out for a change ;)

Hopefully Gareth (RS4) or Rick (RS5) might join us... they have participated before :)

So thoughts on March dates, I think that the long weekend is out because of double demerits and it can just be a risk... So what about 12th or 13th?

Last edited:
Trying to return this lemon to the victorian dealership now, so i may not have an audi anymore :(

fun while it lasted.

Will have a few goodies to sell that are coming off when it goes

Sucks to hear mate, hopefully you find something better to replace it! RS4's aren't that expensive these days either ;)

Sucks to hear mate, hopefully you find something better to replace it! RS4's aren't that expensive these days either ;)

yeah they just rare.

either gonna be a VF sportswagon or this VL walkinshaw wagon i just stumbled across, granted the car gets refunded

Back