• Welcome to ozAudi.com If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Rules by clicking the hyperlink.

Note that you are required to register before you can post.

If you experience a problem logging in, drop me an email to admin@ozAudi.com and I'll sort it out for you.

To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

How many v10 R8 manuals in Australia? [emoji882]

The frame cracking is A R8 issue. Pre LP’s have a completely different space frame in that area and completely different suspension setups.
I use to think the Gallardo was just an Audi in disguise but it’s the other way around mostly.
As to the throttle bodies, I was referring to the issue of the servo gears failing, has nothing to do with how you maintain it. M3 and M6 gears just fail by design unfortunately. You can replace the gears with metal ones but I think the circuit board fail anyway.
But the magnetic marelli throttles aren’t as bad. But id much rather the Bosch system that’s in the Audi.
But what really separates the Pre LP’s from the R8 is the control modules.
For a R8 you can simply use ODIS or VCDS.
But for Pre LP you need to spend about 7K in diagnostics equipment like the TEXA.supercar system. This is pretty much the only way to conduct self diagnostics and coding.
But that saying, there really isn’t much to code in these cars
If I had an Egear Id fork out for one but a simple scan tool will do to get basic data.

df89b56c9241ae6a0e1fe2197779f932.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well, maybe I just do have that covered :) I know there's been a few v10 manual coupes (including the black one that you and I know of that went across the Nullarbor) but not many spyders would they fetch more than the coupes? or considered not as desirable?

Hi Vagboy.

Just curious, but did you ever garage a r8 manual audi.

It's nearly 4 years since my first post in this thread and none the wiser on the thread question. So heres a rumour that I heard in that there were 19 oz delivered gen1 v10 manuals from a v10 gated manual owner. ( Bit of an imposter but, theres was a dirty uk import.

I tried some audi dealers to find out and got the peasant treatment and that was even having a bona fide vin number. After about 4 dealers, I got details on a vin number I had off a friendly used car audi sales person. But strictly, read out option codes over the phone and take notes. Would, even confirm work done off apparent stamps.

Now I know you posted you had the means to land one, but was it a case or woulda coulda shoulda.

Not quite there yet, but one could be curious as what why am I wasting my time with audi dealers and a vin number to confirm it's a bonafide factory fitted gearbox with the correct gearbox code.
Is anyone on hear on good terms with an audi dealer who you could possible ask

I even asked a hypothetical that if I got said vin number booked in for a service at an audi dealer, what's the chances on getting the answer on the number of 5.2 gated manuals. Let's just say very unimpressed with the response and that's not just from one dealer..

Anyone driven a gated r8 manual. If so is the gearbox a cracker. Reckon I ave over the last 4 years watched nearly 95% of r8 youtube videos and many of these twice. That extends to detailing ones as well.

PS I have no interest in sitting or driving one with the exception of being in the situation of not having to hand the keys back to anyone after a first drive. Eg no mother may I go over 6000 rpm or an an eager eye watching the rpm gauge and your gear shifting.

Speaking of R8, shifting and youtube videos, whose seen the video of the stolen r8 from a blackvue dash cam in Newcastle way. 25 minutes of shaking your head action.

If you want numbers for R8s delivered to Australia (through the official channels at least) then your best bet is to ask Audi Australia, not a dealer.

They should be able to provide the split by year and V8 vs V10, possibly even manual vs R/S tronic.

If you want numbers for R8s delivered to Australia (through the official channels at least) then your best bet is to ask Audi Australia, not a dealer.

They should be able to provide the split by year and V8 vs V10, possibly even manual vs R/S tronic.
Thanks. Yeah I have been down that road as well. But a good reminder to have another crack and this time I can reference a Vin number.

Back