• Welcome to ozAudi.com If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Rules by clicking the hyperlink.

Note that you are required to register before you can post.

If you experience a problem logging in, drop me an email to admin@ozAudi.com and I'll sort it out for you.

To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Hunting s/c b7 rs4 drivers

What do you want to know?
I’ve been told that it’s not as easy as bolting on the kit, which I understand but do I need to alter anything to do with the motor? Change parts? Just everything that I need to know really. Or is it as easy as bolting it on and dialing it in. Can the motor handle it? Does the clutch need upgrade? What am i in for?? I know it’s not cheap. Any tips or advice would be appreciated. Thanks

you'll need a new clutch, especially if you ever want to launch it.
There is also a reservoir that is plummed in.
I also did new duel lines as there were a bit dodge when I got the car.
lastly, you might need new Cats as well, depending on what you already have.

Sent from my SM-G985F using Tapatalk

When the cars were new/near new with low KMs, a stock clutch was OK with the 1320 kit assuming the driver displayed some level of mechanical sympathy (IMO).

Now that they're 15+ years old and have considerably more KMs on them, assuming you're still on the stock clutch it's likely nearing the end of its life anyway, and if you're going to have to replace it, you may as well take the opportunity to upgrade it.

you are right Alister. I replaced the button clutch that was in the car when I bought it, but the one I used didn't last that long. I had to go super heavy duty.. (albeit mine is a 1740)..

Sent from my SM-G985F using Tapatalk

If done properly no issues but with high kms a little respect would be needed. I'm running Sachs clutch, lightened flywheel, hi flo cats and a slightly smaller diameter SC pulley plus tune. All this was done to the car when I bought it back in 2012 and I have had no issues, mind you I only have 64,000km on it. The previous owner spared no expense at the time. Alister knows the car, it was one of the first if not the first to have a SC if I'm not wrong.

If done properly no issues but with high kms a little respect would be needed. I'm running Sachs clutch, lightened flywheel, hi flo cats and a slightly smaller diameter SC pulley plus tune. All this was done to the car when I bought it back in 2012 and I have had no issues, mind you I only have 64,000km on it. The previous owner spared no expense at the time. Alister knows the car, it was one of the first if not the first to have a SC if I'm not wrong.
And you’ve never had any problems with it?

Back