• Welcome to ozAudi.com If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Rules by clicking the hyperlink.

Note that you are required to register before you can post.

If you experience a problem logging in, drop me an email to admin@ozAudi.com and I'll sort it out for you.

To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Lower my B5 A4 Wagon?

finn

Hey guys,
I’ve got a B5 A4 1.8tqm Wagon that I’ve been doing some work to.
I’ve got a bit more power thanks to Ed at Quattroms and I’ve got some wheels and tyres.
The only thing about it now is it looks like a monster truck so was just wondering what people have done to lower and stiffen their wagons? I do appreciate the way it drives through the twistys so stiffer would be nice too.
Is it the same springs and shocks as the sedan and simply buy sedan lowering springs?
What’s available on the market?
Cheers guys,
Finn.

Last edited:
The Euro way of doing a wagon is to throw a wagon body onto the sedan underpinnings - greatly simplifies construction.
So yes, sedan lowering springs will suffice. They should be listed as the same part anyway on ETKA sites like VAGCat or realoem.me

I put the bilstein shock h&r spring combo on my sons b5a4. Good value and ride height was perfect in my opinion. Or many variants of coilover available depending on your budget.

Is it ok to just buy lowering spring and install them with the stock shock absorbers?? Or are the stockies likely to poo themselves?
Cheers for the replies guys all help is appreciated

should be fine. I've been doing that for my MK2 TT and Q5 and now my skoda wagon lol. it's great!

Back