• Welcome to ozAudi.com If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Rules by clicking the hyperlink.

Note that you are required to register before you can post.

If you experience a problem logging in, drop me an email to admin@ozAudi.com and I'll sort it out for you.

To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

NAV Updates

The latest map for Australia (at the time of posting this reply) is version 2015, part number 8R0051884CL, activation card part number is 8R0060884AT.
Recommended firmware for the map is HN+R_EU_AU_K0783

I stumbled upon the map update section in MyAudi site. Would that do the trick? The instruction just says download and put it on the SD card. BTW, so map update isn't free from the stealer throughout the car ownership period?

I've got an MY15 S3 which i think has the DiscoverPro unit based on my ability to download map updates from MyAudi. Are the firmware updates for that unit as easy and safe to apply as referred to above?

You must have A3 or S3... map updates from MyAudi are only available for DiscoverPro units.

Hey mate, How's Tetherbox V2 going lol

Yeah I got the S3. Not sure what DiscoverPro is....

I was just instructed by the GPS today to drive through a Cul-de-sac -...- So I am tempted to update the map available on the MyAudi Map section. Is it safe to apply? Also does MyAudi provide MMI firmware update? Or I have to always go to the stealer?

Last edited:
Have just been to the MyAudi Map update section.

It shows AUS/NZ map (1.4G), when I clicked the "Prepare Package" button, I got a file with extension jnlp (very small size). So what am I supposed to do with this file?

Any clue folks?

Discover Pro is the hardware the 8V A3/S3 MMI uses.

MyAudi will only provide nav database updates, firmware is only via the dealer (the latest firmware I've seen floating around on the 'net is P1531, your car probably already has P1531_1 on it).

You need to have Java installed to download the map, that's where the jnlp (Java Network Launching Protocol, aka, Java Web Start) file comes in.

Discover Pro is the hardware the 8V A3/S3 MMI uses.

MyAudi will only provide nav database updates, firmware is only via the dealer (the latest firmware I've seen floating around on the 'net is P1531, your car probably already has P1531_1 on it).

You need to have Java installed to download the map, that's where the jnlp (Java Network Launching Protocol, aka, Java Web Start) file comes in.

Thx, it is exactly like you said.
Map version is already 2015....

Hey guys, I've just got a 2008 Q7 with the 2G MMI system ( I think ). I cant seems to find any update disks, for this version as they all seem to be for the 3G and 3G + versions. Anybody have any suggestions as the maps are from 2008 and due to the growth of Perth.... woefully inaccurate.

hi everybody,
I know i'm dredging up this old thread, but treat me like an idiot.. I have just purchased a 2009 A4 with mmi etc, the maps for the GPS are def out of date.
As i understand it I will need to update the firmware/software for the MMI unit first, Then locate a more current map to install and install that.

Now I know there are some goodies tucked in the left side panel of the boot, one is an Amp which i'll soon be doing some stereo modes and adding a Gladen DSP unit too and I'm assuming the rest is GPS and other bits
How do I get the upgrade into the system?
Is it on a CD and installed through the cd stacker? like the handbook CD?
or is there some other input device?

I'm not new to Cars, electronics or computers so I guess you don't have to go right into the absolute basics :)

but from what I have discovered these Audi's are so over sensored if you scratched your butt the wrong way it would know.

Troy

should be a map cd/dvd in the boot (in my S5, you open up the left hand side 'cover' in the boot and you'll see the reader..

Ok found the DVD
A/NZ 2009 version 2
so it is old ... if I upgrade the firmware for the MMI unit will this disk still work for the NAV maps
as AUDI the new maps are currently gold plated.

on the info for the navigation media version is AN_10600_2413
DATABASE VERSION IS AN20/20080526191022

whats my next step in this process?

Do you have the 2g or 3g mmi system? 3g has a directional selector in the centre of the middle button, 2g just has a button.

Last edited:
Does anybody know where the special / custom poi data is that I can find to load into the MMI?

Instead of starting new thread thought I'll try this one - Does anyone know when the next map update will be available for download on (in my case current Q5) the MIB2 system.
I have 2018/2019 ROW Australia/NZ maps which came out around April.

Back