• Welcome to ozAudi.com If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Rules by clicking the hyperlink.

Note that you are required to register before you can post.

If you experience a problem logging in, drop me an email to admin@ozAudi.com and I'll sort it out for you.

To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Old faces..........

IchBautAuto

Just dropped back in after an (extended) absence and have just skimmed over some posts and it's great to see so many of the names from 10 years ago. Well done, it's great to see how many have stayed with the brand. I'll gradually get back up to speed after picking up where I left off and seeing whats happened in the process.

No doubt things have changed and the focus may well be on later models but time will tell. Fortunately I am still where I was 10 years ago so remembering will be the challange. Lucky I have some notes..............

yeah, lots of people came/come on with the RS3 explosion that happened. Very popular model for users on this site.

Some of us oldies are still here, but with different cars, but still old ones.

I've got the 2008 S5 V8 and a 2009 S3..

We've gone S3, RS3, & now RSQ3,...all good cars, we can't see ourselves going "EV" anytime soon..

The never ending question, do I have my forever car or should I try something else. Personally I think I do although as I read back on old posts it's a reminder of how much time I put in to them. Just changing the coolant temp sensor on the RS6 at the moment, way back of the block under all sorts of intake and wiring obstructions.

The RS3 certainly was a favourite but interestingly not many seem to hang in with it long term. The B5 crowd certainly stuck to that model for longer and the early 2000's really saw some very limited versions appear, of course cursed with the limited availability of spares. I have a brand new unpainted OE RS4 front bumper cover, probably the only one in the world. There is the curse of the special models.

The never ending question, do I have my forever car or should I try something else. Personally I think I do although as I read back on old posts it's a reminder of how much time I put in to them. Just changing the coolant temp sensor on the RS6 at the moment, way back of the block under all sorts of intake and wiring obstructions.

The RS3 certainly was a favourite but interestingly not many seem to hang in with it long term. The B5 crowd certainly stuck to that model for longer and the early 2000's really saw some very limited versions appear, of course cursed with the limited availability of spares. I have a brand new unpainted OE RS4 front bumper cover, probably the only one in the world. There is the curse of the special models.

In terms of forever cars for 2 garage spots, I reckon I am there and a maybe a bit of investment upside as well. First, I am a boost junky and haven't been able to shake that little hoon bast$## inside. Brought in 2008 a b5s4, slow grind to tweak it to circa 300awkw over 8 years and upgraded to a manual 996 turbo which I have also tweaked (1000% more reliable). Spent too much time a) finding a 996 on a budget and 2) tweaking it to my liking, and no plans on selling. Impulse brought a e90 m3 after some heavy negotiating to save some tax back in 2017. Great bang for buck car. A switchup from boost to NA muscle. Been on the hunt for the last 4 years to get back into 4 ring ownership and filling the other garage space with a NA motor to replace the V8 M3 again on a set budget. Looking forward in the near future to potentially getting some screw drivers out to install "V10 6MT". Then looking forward to getting historic plates on both cars down the track to save some cash on rego costs. Do you guys remember one of the b5 guys journal posts on here under the title like" bringing the b5rs4 back to awesomeness . Might do the old school written version on something similar but on something a bit more rarer (led to believe) in terms of oz deliveries to bring back a bit of back to the future posts on here of yester decades that go beyond 150 characters posts

I find it very hard to sell my cars as they all turn in to family members.

I'd love to find my old stage III+ B6 avant (the beast) and buy it back... still missing it after all these years.

Sent from my SM-S926B using Tapatalk

Even with the now obsolete 1/4 acre block, accommodating all the "family members" is turning into a real squishfest.

just waiting for chux to show his face ;-)

Sent from my SM-S926B using Tapatalk

Back