• Welcome to ozAudi.com If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Rules by clicking the hyperlink.

Note that you are required to register before you can post.

If you experience a problem logging in, drop me an email to admin@ozAudi.com and I'll sort it out for you.

To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Ownership A4 3.0 TDI Quattro (B8.5) - tips and advice

RS-Rated

Good Morning all,

I've just purchased an A4 3.0 TDI Quattro which will become my new daily :) - couldn't pass up the opportunity as they are quite hard to come by!

Late 2012 build so it's the facelift (B8.5) with 127k on the clock. Full service history (with Audi till 80K and indies thereafter). Everything works apart from the convenience access (using door handles to unlock/lock) which I will start trouble shooting soon.

Car drives really well, gearbox is smooth (touch wood) being the 7-speed DSG.

Is there anything that I should do from a preventative point of view at this mileage? Any advice on overall ownership of these cars?

Is it worth doing the DSG service? Gearbox feels okay and behaving how it should be but I know the fluids are usually done every 60k on VAG cars - previous owner isn't sure it was done by indie (so I doubt it was).

Cheers

Hey mate, nice one..
I'm assuming you've done a scan?

Megatronics have gone on several models, not sure if this one or how to stop it happening.

Changing fluids in my mind can never be a bad thing though..

Door handles are a common issue. I've swapped out rhe 'strip' behind both handles that hasn't fixed it. I've purchased the door module 2nd hand, just haven't installed it yet to see if it fixes the issue, but am hoping so.

Sent from my SM-G985F using Tapatalk

I'd personally do an egr delete to try and prevent issues later on. may be check the valve out now and see how caked with soot it is. Also force a regen to bring the soot levels down as low as possible...

Hey mate, nice one..
I'm assuming you've done a scan?

Megatronics have gone on several models, not sure if this one or how to stop it happening.

Changing fluids in my mind can never be a bad thing though..

Door handles are a common issue. I've swapped out rhe 'strip' behind both handles that hasn't fixed it. I've purchased the door module 2nd hand, just haven't installed it yet to see if it fixes the issue, but am hoping so.

Sent from my SM-G985F using Tapatalk
Yes, scan done but nothing has appeared. Don't have VCDS so I'm sure there would have been electrical gremlins appear if I had.

I've done some research on the door sensors and it seems that if one sensor is fried it disables all the others and the only way to know is use VCDS. I might just get all four sensors and change them over myself. Won't opt for OEM, will try the eBay or amazon specials as people rate them.

Update on the gearbox. Had it serviced and good thing I did as it turns out there was a leak as it was apart previously and the proper seal/sealant was not used... the joys of buying a second hand car. New seal and fluids/filter changed - all sweet now. My guess is it was apart for a mechatronics replacement/repair (who knows). Gearbox feels solid so hope it stays that way.

Did an engine oil / filter and air filter change over the weekend even though the last service was under 1,000ks ago - found the oil to be overfilled, leaking from sump plug (old washer/plug used) and air filter didn't have the seal in correct place. Car was serviced at ultra tune for the last few services....some people shouldn't be working on cars!

Next job is to do the fuel filter - any tips? I've read that it's a good idea to fill the new filter with diesel before installing to ensure no air and it's primed - since I don't have VCDS to trigger priming.

Back