• Welcome to ozAudi.com If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Rules by clicking the hyperlink.

Note that you are required to register before you can post.

If you experience a problem logging in, drop me an email to admin@ozAudi.com and I'll sort it out for you.

To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Panel Beater in Melbourne (Inner) for Q5

SupaStar

Hi All,

Wife was side-swiped over the weekend and the front quarter of the Q5 is a bit of a mess :(

Any recommendation for panel beaters around Melbourne, preferably inner suburbs? Live in Brunswick and work in Richmond.

RACV have recommended BMB Prestige (Blackburn) and Hossak Smash Repair (Coburg). Has anyone had experience with either?

Thanks!

BMB do awesome work. Rebuilt the heavily damaged back end of my A5 coupe after a shunt at a red light to better than new - impossible to detect any sign of a repair. First rate workmanship, and a pleasure to deal with. Also, they are an Audi preferred repairer.

hey bud, you should be real close to LA Smash in Collingwood. Good stuff, ask for Ligi. They do jobs for Audi Centre Melbourne, so there's that.

Mine arrived with some stone chips that the dealer agreed to attend to, and according to them, it went to (edit- a panelbeater in Blackburn).

On the first attempt, it was returned as the dealer was not satisfied with the work.

After 2 weeks, I collected the result of the second attempt today. Clear mask line and 10 or 20 chips along the leading edge of a door.

Looks like it's going to have to go back so they can finish the job. Disappointing given their good reputation.

Last edited:
Mine arrived with some stone chips that the dealer agreed to attend to, and according to them, it went to BMB.

On the first attempt, it was returned as the dealer was not satisfied with the work.

After 2 weeks, I collected the result of the second attempt today. Clear mask line and 10 or 20 chips along the leading edge of a door.

Looks like it's going to have to go back so they can finish the job. Disappointing given their good reputation.

Didn't you buy from a Zagames dealer Chris?

If you did I'd be surprised if they were sending work to BMB given they have their own panelshop these days.

Updating this, I was provided with incorrect information on collection. It did go to a panel shop in Blackburn, but not BMP.

Car has gone back in this week so that they can get the sub-standard door right...

Updating this, I was provided with incorrect information on collection. It did go to a panel shop in Blackburn, but not BMP.

Car has gone back in this week so that they can get the sub-standard door right...

That's very frustrating for you Chris.

Hopefully whoever did the work can get it right for you this time around.

Car is at BMB as of Tuesday, impressed with the service so far...they have an arrangement with a 3rd party who claim a hire car from the at fault driver's insurance company. Got us into a 3 month-new Lexus NX2000T - no Audi, but beats a regular hire car any day!

Will report back once the Q5's done...

Car is at BMB as of Tuesday, impressed with the service so far...they have an arrangement with a 3rd party who claim a hire car from the at fault driver's insurance company. Got us into a 3 month-new Lexus NX2000T - no Audi, but beats a regular hire car any day!

Will report back once the Q5's done...

Hi, how did you go with BMB? Just got into a **** situation. Park my car in city and this happen.

a6d6e35f12f0c6dc6650a2b110c94453.jpg

e1143b984b6562d3d97f20c1b2e04a24.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Missed this sorry. Their work was ok, but I wasn’t blown away. Maybe my expectations are too high?

Had to get them to adjust the alignment of the bumper as it was not perfect. Additionally, repair of one of the wheels was missed so I had to go back a second time.

Got what I wanted in the end, but had to push for it, which sucks because I was not at fault!

Back