• Welcome to ozAudi.com If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Rules by clicking the hyperlink.

Note that you are required to register before you can post.

If you experience a problem logging in, drop me an email to admin@ozAudi.com and I'll sort it out for you.

To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Q5 TDI MY11 - Transmission Rebuild

stat71

Morning all,

My Q5 begain "slipping" gears when under load or hard acceleration approximately 8 weeks ago. I have 240k on the clock, always serviced including DSG. The problem became gradually less intermittent and once or twice I got the fault "Transmission limited functionality" or similar. Fault codes indicate a "clutch issue" if I recall correctly. I stopped driving it and had my mobile mech come have a look - his assessment "you need a tranny rebuild mate".

I'm in south west Sydney nad have made a couplke fo enquiries to auto transmission places with a very lukewarm response along the lines of "We'll get back to you".

I'm guessing I have 2 options:

- cut my losses and sell as is (obviously declaring up front that although driveable, it needs a transmission rebuild)
- persist with finding someone to do the rebuild

I really need a $ estimate for the rebuild to asisst with decision above and what could I ask for if selling without transmission rebuild.

Morning all,

My Q5 begain "slipping" gears when under load or hard acceleration approximately 8 weeks ago. I have 240k on the clock, always serviced including DSG. The problem became gradually less intermittent and once or twice I got the fault "Transmission limited functionality" or similar. Fault codes indicate a "clutch issue" if I recall correctly. I stopped driving it and had my mobile mech come have a look - his assessment "you need a tranny rebuild mate".

I'm in south west Sydney nad have made a couplke fo enquiries to auto transmission places with a very lukewarm response along the lines of "We'll get back to you".

I'm guessing I have 2 options:

- cut my losses and sell as is (obviously declaring up front that although driveable, it needs a transmission rebuild)
- persist with finding someone to do the rebuild

I really need a $ estimate for the rebuild to asisst with decision above and what could I ask for if selling without transmission rebuild.
Hey mate, had a similar issue at one stage. I was quoted $7.7k for transmission and gearbox rebuild.

Back