• Welcome to ozAudi.com If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Rules by clicking the hyperlink.

Note that you are required to register before you can post.

If you experience a problem logging in, drop me an email to admin@ozAudi.com and I'll sort it out for you.

To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

RS3 8Y Modifications

Extremely expensive but quality looks pretty good and it’s also light, looking forward to seeing how it sounds when fitted as I haven’t heard an RS3 fitted with one yet but have heard a few other RS models and they sound nice

Extremely expensive but quality looks pretty good and it’s also light, looking forward to seeing how it sounds when fitted as I haven’t heard an RS3 fitted with one yet but have heard a few other RS models and they sound nice
Yes, but in this case you really do get what you pay for (Akra's quality really is top notch).

Look forward to hearing your thoughts on it once it is fitted up and bedded in (500-1000 kms).

Same here. Looking forward to your thoughts once fitted..

Last edited:
Exhaust is getting installed next week, filmed an unboxing video of it which I hope to upload soon but it looks pretty good and the rear section is very light. Thinking about Dowpipes and am hearing good things about Redstar, has anyone heard much about them?

Yes, but in this case you really do get what you pay for (Akra's quality really is top notch).

Look forward to hearing your thoughts on it once it is fitted up and bedded in (500-1000 kms).
I have the akra on mine with the sound kit. Sounds nice and not over the top. You get what you pay for.

Exhaust is getting installed next week, filmed an unboxing video of it which I hope to upload soon but it looks pretty good and the rear section is very light. Thinking about Dowpipes and am hearing good things about Redstar, has anyone heard much about them?

Have to admit I have never heard of them.. They mention restrictor for O2 sensor "helps" but no mention of OPF signals.. As much as i would like to go full DeCat I don't think i would take the risk with the potential EPA fines. At least with a 100 or 200 cell Cat installed you can play dumb.

Interested to hear thoughts (and experiences) from others??

Someone on Audi RS3 8Y Australia Facebook page posted their car last week which has the Redstar mid pipes and down pipes with opf delete, they also have an XPF Emulator Module installed and said they have no error codes, the module also allows cat delete. I’m not endorsing anything but I’m not worried too much about EPA fines as pretty much all my previous cars were modified a fair amount and wouldn’t have met emissions yet even when I was pulled over the cars never got inspected too deeply, I’m not expecting this to cop as much attention unless I do something stupid like lowering it too low, bigger wheels and excessively loud Which I won’t be doing.

Last edited:
This module is for just opf delete and still leave the cats in

Hey Dan,

I agree, there’s minimal risk in actually getting the system investigated further unless you make yourself a target.(if so, you get time to return the system to OEM specs prior to testing anyway) That said, power figures quoted don’t seem to change a whole lot with a 200 cell installed vs no Cat. No Cat will also increase noise and have a tell tale smell.

I have looked at the Seletron system and the HPerformance OPF simulator previously. (Second post on your thread) They sound great at face value, and perfect for my needs if they do what is claimed. I’m still a little hesitant as there have been more than a few online claims that after -1000kms error codes appear

I’ll do an oil change at 6 months in April and have a chat with my Tuner. Until then,
I’m sitting on the fence till I’m confident no error codes. Unfortunately that means an i20N “currently” sounds better 🙄! I’d prefer to have the option to be heard from a km away 😏.

Last edited:
I think some Italian company has been promoting tuning a stock ECU for a while so perhaps companies have started to work it out, I’ve seen somewhere in the UK that is selling packages for over 600 hp but along with the usual exhaust, intercooler, intake etc mods they replace the stock ecu with theirs so they can tune it but the package is bloody expensive

Yeah, remember watching a youtube video on them too. Expensive yes! The few I have seen in Europe either want your ECU for a swap or re-map in house with a 1 week turn around. Either option looks to be >$10k :eek:. No Thanks!

My Akra looks different has not got the centre muffler i would attach photos but they say there are too big to post. maybe the sedan has the extra muffler. Already done oil and filter at 1500k Got spacers today from mode and the one they advertise for the 8y has the wrong centre bore. now the hassle to return them and for them to adjust their website and send out the correct ones.

Last edited:
Back