• Welcome to ozAudi.com If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Rules by clicking the hyperlink.

Note that you are required to register before you can post.

If you experience a problem logging in, drop me an email to admin@ozAudi.com and I'll sort it out for you.

To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

RS3 8Y Modifications

Thats interesting. Wonder why they are different?? Structural or an added silencer.. Hopefully straight through!

Thats a pain by mode :(. I guess I ducked this by using tuner stock on hand as they had already fitted a few.

1500kms.. I'm already at 3000km :sick:.. More than i was planning for at 4 months. I'll do oil at 6 months. Interestingly i spotted on Audi website the other day 5 year servicing package has gone up. ~$4k now. Was ~$3.5 a few months ago. I'll be shopping elsewhere.

Last edited:
View attachment 32706
Standard exhaust on the left v Akrapovich
Interesting I’ll have to ask about that but I don’t remember an option for centre or no centre muffler. I had a look at the hatch one that was sent out by mistake a few weeks ago and can’t remember if it had that centre muffle or not, all we noticed that was different from sedan to hatch was the back box sat closer to the rear in the hatch as it doesn’t have the boot area.

Just checked out the website and now they have two versions for the RS3 sedan and hatch, the 2022 version without the centre muffle and the 2024 version that has it so don’t know if there’s a reason for that or not.

Just checked out the website and now they have two versions for the RS3 sedan and hatch, the 2022 version without the centre muffle and the 2024 version that has it so don’t know if there’s a reason for that or not.
Strange they would add an additional muffler…Being an OPF back, your after sound rather than power.

Strange they would add an additional muffler…Being an OPF back, your after sound rather than power.
Checking the website today it now says “discontinued” for the one without the muffler so it looks like it only comes with the centre muffler now

Checking the website today it now says “discontinued” for the one without the muffler so it looks like it only comes with the centre muffler now
Damn! Hopefully no notable sound or power decrease.

Damn! Hopefully no notable sound or power decrease.
Power figures haven’t changed between the two but you’re adding a restriction into it so who knows. The volume doesn’t bother me too much, most of my cars have been V8s and I always chased sound quality over quantity in the past plus I found they tended to sound better with the muffler than straight through so hopefully it’s the same with this. I’m getting a bit old now for loud cars also and I don’t need to draw attention to myself if I plant my foot down so I’m ok with it not being too loud

Agree, the second muffler typically eliminates drone and doubt it will effect peak decibels. I'm not sure what your "bit old now" range is..? (I probably shouldn't ask knowing I suffer from Peter Pan syndrome :sneaky:) I still like a little attention if I'm planted and valves open! You never know if the subtle green is missed.

Don’t mind people asking my age, I’m 50 feeling like I’m 70 but with the maturity of 20. Was told when revisions are done like this sometimes it’s because they found that at certain revs it drones so they do this to eliminate it, I don’t know what the reason is but apparently it’s not uncommon. As long as it’s got a nice sound when I pick it up tomorrow I’ll be happy and I’ll be even happier if it feels like it’s got a little more in it than before even though I highly doubt it will be noticeable, I’m doing most of my mods for when I can finally tune it in the future so until then whether I feel a noticeable difference or not with things it doesn’t bother me.

We sound similar.. Car delivered in my forties with my 50th 3 weeks later. Great timing for my wife to claim best “50th” birthday present ever! Maturity.. (with toys..) yeah, about the same according to my other half and friends 😀.

Hope your happy with the install today!

I don’t do convertibles so the RS3 is for my midlife crisis instead.
Exhaust sounds much better and recommend the sound controller even if people don’t get an Akrapovic I recommend a sound controller. The car sounds much like it does on cold start and sitting there idling it now has a nice rumble inside, the burbles in the shifts is now more pronounced and the sound is not over the top and annoying, I will try to get a vid of it soon but overall I’m very happy with it and it feels more like an RS model when driving purely because of the sound. The factory exhaust surprised me as there are a few bends and areas where it’s dented or creased which surely affects performance, for people thinking of doing mods I would recommend doing an exhaust upgrade first.

I don’t do convertibles so the RS3 is for my midlife crisis instead.
Exhaust sounds much better and recommend the sound controller even if people don’t get an Akrapovic I recommend a sound controller. The car sounds much like it does on cold start and sitting there idling it now has a nice rumble inside, the burbles in the shifts is now more pronounced and the sound is not over the top and annoying, I will try to get a vid of it soon but overall I’m very happy with it and it feels more like an RS model when driving purely because of the sound. The factory exhaust surprised me as there to are a few bends and areas where it’s dented or creased which surely affects performance, for people thinking of doing mods I would recommend doing an exhaust upgrade first.
Awesome, glad you’re happy! Sound controller review surprises me. May have to look in to one till I’m convinced a down pipe won’t throw error codes 👍.

Awesome, glad you’re happy! Sound controller review surprises me. May have to look in to one till I’m convinced a down pipe won’t throw error codes 👍.
If a sound controller makes the car sound like it does on cold start which I think it does it will make a big difference, just the way it now has a bit of a rumble inside the car when sitting there idling makes it feel like a different car, before it felt like a plain audi until you put your foot down where as now you know it’s an RS. I’m looking forward to getting some down pipes and removing the OPF as I think it will give it an even better tone and I think it will help remove some lag but next will more than likely be an intercooler and fit the Eventuri but I’m not in any real hurry as I don’t get that much time to drive it anyway and it was always just going to be there for cruising and having some fun every now and then.

I ran a diagnostic scan on the car the other day just to see if the exhaust has created any faults using Carly and there are 13 faults which I’m almost sure is related to the sound controller install. There are 4 faults with exhaust pressure control valves, 2 brake booster faults, 1 instrument cluster fault, 1 air con, 3 CAN Gateway faults and 1 rear view camera fault plus tire pressure fault but that could be to slightly low pressure on one tyre the other day. There are no warning lights on dash and everything is working fine on the car so only way of knowing it has faults is by doing a scan, pretty sure it’s tied to the sound controller plugging into the ecu but my mechanic has sent this back to Akrapovic to see what they say and if they are aware of any issues. Thinking about unplugging the controller and putting the car back to normal then clear the codes to see if they return but waiting to hear back first, if it’s related to controller then it more than likely won’t be put back on. So this kind of sucks, I was expecting something at least with the exhaust flaps and CAN gateway seeing as we installed a module in there but the other stuff surprised me.

If a sound controller makes the car sound like it does on cold start which I think it does it will make a big difference, just the way it now has a bit of a rumble inside the car when sitting there idling makes it feel like a different car, before it felt like a plain audi until you put your foot down where as now you know it’s an RS. I’m looking forward to getting some down pipes and removing the OPF as I think it will give it an even better tone and I think it will help remove some lag but next will more than likely be an intercooler and fit the Eventuri but I’m not in any real hurry as I don’t get that much time to drive it anyway and it was always just going to be there for cruising and having some fun every now and then.
Highly recommend the ASR controller if you want to keep your hardware stock. It gives you that little bit extra sound that the standard exhaust mutes. Its all about the way the flaps stay open during different stages to the OE tune

Highly recommend the ASR controller if you want to keep your hardware stock. It gives you that little bit extra sound that the standard exhaust mutes. Its all about the way the flaps stay open during different stages to the OE tune
The ASR controller is pretty much the same as the Akrapovic one, looks to assemble the same way and works like the ASR one also

I ran a diagnostic scan on the car the other day just to see if the exhaust has created any faults using Carly and there are 13 faults which I’m almost sure is related to the sound controller install. There are 4 faults with exhaust pressure control valves, 2 brake booster faults, 1 instrument cluster fault, 1 air con, 3 CAN Gateway faults and 1 rear view camera fault plus tire pressure fault but that could be to slightly low pressure on one tyre the other day. There are no warning lights on dash and everything is working fine on the car so only way of knowing it has faults is by doing a scan, pretty sure it’s tied to the sound controller plugging into the ecu but my mechanic has sent this back to Akrapovic to see what they say and if they are aware of any issues. Thinking about unplugging the controller and putting the car back to normal then clear the codes to see if they return but waiting to hear back first, if it’s related to controller then it more than likely won’t be put back on. So this kind of sucks, I was expecting something at least with the exhaust flaps and CAN gateway seeing as we installed a module in there but the other stuff surprised me.
Hey Dan,

Any news from Akrapovic yet? There response will be interesting.. or reset/disconnect and code check? keen to install the ASR but being a wuss till I hear a bit more 💩.

Nothing yet, I wasn’t expecting anything until late this week anyway but might give them a call tomorrow and see where we go from here. I’m wondering how many people that have fitted valve controllers have done diagnostic checks to see if there are any faults even though there’s no warning lights on dash and car seems ok.

Hey guys, looking for some help. I've got a stock 2023 Audi RS3, and I'm based in Sydney. I'm looking to make the exhaust louder. Could I just let a professional install and order parts, or do I have to source them myself? Any suggestions on professionals I could contact in the Sydney area to get it done, or recommended aftermarket parts to achieve this? As you can probably tell, I don't know much when it comes to cars, so any help would be appreciated.

Hey guys, looking for some help. I've got a stock 2023 Audi RS3, and I'm based in Sydney. I'm looking to make the exhaust louder. Could I just let a professional install and order parts, or do I have to source them myself? Any suggestions on professionals I could contact in the Sydney area to get it done, or recommended aftermarket parts to achieve this? As you can probably tell, I don't know much when it comes to cars, so any help would be appreciated
You don’t have to supply the parts in in most cases whoever you get to fit parts might be able to source them cheaper than you can, I don’t know places in Sydney but hopefully someone on here can recommend decent workshops or try Google

Back