• Welcome to ozAudi.com If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Rules by clicking the hyperlink.

Note that you are required to register before you can post.

If you experience a problem logging in, drop me an email to admin@ozAudi.com and I'll sort it out for you.

To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

RS3 8Y Ordering and Spec

I am still waiting for my order. Last update is Build in Jan 2024 and arrive June 2024..... really not sure if I still want it... I ordered End Jan 2022.

Here are some photos of my new RS3 during delivery last week.
Congrats on the new car Michael - looks great in Kemora Grey with all the black out.

Whilst it was a big wait it must be great to finally be in it now.

Everybody must have their cars as there has been no comments for nearly a month. My car arrives at the dealers 20th October, 23 months wait.

I think that everyone - like me - is fed up with the poor service and lack of updates from Audi. The excitement, momentum and opportunity to grow the brand in Aust has way gone. Many have also had to go buy other cars and I expect a flood of RS3's second hand increasing more than what is listed already.

Pity as this car could have relaunched and increased interest in Audi and increased sales in Australia. Just like the 1998-2000 WRX did for Subaru who then went on to invest and grow in Aust.

I think that everyone - like me - is fed up with the poor service and lack of updates from Audi. The excitement, momentum and opportunity to grow the brand in Aust has way gone. Many have also had to go buy other cars and I expect a flood of RS3's second hand increasing more than what is listed already.

Pity as this car could have relaunched and increased interest in Audi and increased sales in Australia. Just like the 1998-2000 WRX did for Subaru who then went on to invest and grow in Aust.
Yes, some buyers have been very patient on RS3 haven't they, I think someone on here will've waited over 2 years!!...I'm not sure that I could be that patient.
But, RS3 is only one car in Audi's range, & despite delays etc, they're doing pretty well with their other models, sales up 77% this year on 2022.
How's your order going?..do you have a delivery date etc yet?
Pickles.

I'm new to the forum and was interested to read up on how Australia orders v delivery have been going for the RS3s...needless to say not great.
However, as I didn't see a WA / Perth Post on this subject (perhaps there is but I missed it?), I thought to mention the situation here.

Perhaps with only the 1x Audi Dealership over here (assuming this has something to do with it?) our delivery times are just CRAZY slow comparatively.

Ordered mine in Feb 22 (Sportback in Kemora with Carbon Pack) and was advised in January 23 that "there was no further build allocations for 2023 and next update on allocations would be in Jan 2024"
What's even worse though - I have a good friend here who ordered his in November of 2021 and was also advised exactly the same!
So we literally will be waiting 2 years just to be advised IF and WHEN of a Build allocation!!!
SPEWING! :cry:
First World problems yes, but SURELY there is a production schedule / forecast of sorts they would be privy to which help identify some kind of expected ETA??!

Yeah, it's wrong.

Hindsight would say to order from different state and train it to WA..

Sent from my SM-G985F using Tapatalk

From reading this forum, nothing make sense and it's all over shop.

But it does seem like some dealers have better luck with getting allocations.

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

Just finalised my build before it goes into production (week 35).

Unfortunately, no more ceramic brakes as an option and unable to go with Audi Exclusive paint.

Went for Glacier White after having a Riviera Blue S3 since 2015.

Should be landing pre-Christmas!

Looking at a piggyback JB4 plug’n’play until someone cracks the ECU security.

Last edited:
Seems like quite a few are pulling out of orders, whether due to interest rates increasing or just getting over the wait.
I've been contacted twice now by two dealers offering incoming cars.

Seems like quite a few are pulling out of orders, whether due to interest rates increasing or just getting over the wait.
I've been contacted twice now by two dealers offering incoming cars.

My BIL works for an Audi dealership and he mentioned they were given an additional 2 slots over an above there already allocated numbers.

They’ve got 65 people on their wait list, so I’d imagine a few people are getting calls.

I don't understand how Dealerships are receiving extra over allocations whilst people are awaiting since October 22 with no build dates?!!

Does anyone know if the Dealership/s are claiming additional $$$ from the signed contracts?
Given the period of time between signing and vehicle landing, was just curious if they are also saying "Ohhh yeh and by the way, we will require X amount of $$$ now to cover the PI" or something along those lines.
I don't know they are legally able to do so given it's a signed contract, but wanted to ask the question.

Does anyone know if the Dealership/s are claiming additional $$$ from the signed contracts?
Given the period of time between signing and vehicle landing, was just curious if they are also saying "Ohhh yeh and by the way, we will require X amount of $$$ now to cover the PI" or something along those lines.
I don't know they are legally able to do so given it's a signed contract, but wanted to ask the question.

i know my contract has a built in clause that states if metal costs of car increase then dealer has right to pass those increased costs to me. This was made clear to me before i signed and was told any increases would be clearly communicated to me so it wouldnt be a surprise,

What are you guys paying for insurance and who with ?

019d7954-c5e6-421f-a0ab-978c2f4122f0

ff517d4d-4981-4909-9ea4-5f0c6e351212

Last edited:
I haven't got mine yet mate so can't advise but also would be interested to hear from someone who does ?
Just ballpark prices/costings...this is in regards to the Insurance Premium's just FYI
Cheers

Paying $2950 for a 2016 RS3 with RACV. I shopped around last month. Was only able to receive 2 quotes (most wouldn't quote online) one for $3300, and one for $1600 with Budget Direct. I've had good experiences with RACV so stayed with them.

Back