• Welcome to ozAudi.com If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Rules by clicking the hyperlink.

Note that you are required to register before you can post.

If you experience a problem logging in, drop me an email to admin@ozAudi.com and I'll sort it out for you.

To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

RS3 8Y Ordering and Spec

has anyone had issues with window tint having scratches post install?

currently dealing with a shop (with excellent reviews) and need to go back for the 3rd time to replace tint on drivers side. surely it cant be caused by squeegee again?some are minor scratches that i can feel with my fingernail.

Last edited:
For those interested in 3.5inch Forge turbo inlet and hard pipe combo

Seem pricey.. Drive away?
Should have just looked it up :rolleyes:. If drive away the Sportback with carbon, design, and roof looks around the ball park.. Does mention further in fine print final sale price to be agreed with dealer though??

Last edited:
Pricing for me is around that also with carbon pack, design pack and sunroof. That seems RRP with maybe some variability in deliver charge between dealers. Luxury car tax really stings as it is charged on those optional extras also…

So, Around $117 S.B. & $114 Sed, at driveaway around those numbers, some sellers on Carsales are going to have to have a drastic rethink relative to their pricing?!

I have a Vin number now at least but still no "firm" ETA of delivery - advised mid 2024.
So that's ordered in last week of Feb 2022 and still no date.
Do you have a VIN mate or estimate on delivery yet?
I think January will be the release of "2024 allocations" with updates of sorts for us WA customers.

At what point will the first of the "face lifted models" begin to arrive in Aus I wonder?!
VIN is promising, means it's in the que.

I ordered ~6 months after you, no VIN and no solid estimate of delivery date on my side. Have had feedback that I'm 22nd in line, and they only got 14 last year.

Picked up my Tango Red SB yesterday, was admiring the power plant and saw a series of scratches in the middle of the bonnet, disappointing and will check the rest of the car in daylight.

I am not a red person but with the black highlights looks awesome.

Any plans for drive days in Melbourne?

Insurance is interesting, I am working in WA, get back for one long weekend a month so not much use, RACV wanted $2800!

Check out my black roof. My detailer sent me this photo before paint correction

2321092f54073b509479029544128334.jpg

Sent from my SM-F946B using Tapatalk

Picked up my Tango Red SB yesterday, was admiring the power plant and saw a series of scratches in the middle of the bonnet, disappointing and will check the rest of the car in daylight.

I am not a red person but with the black highlights looks awesome.

Any plans for drive days in Melbourne?

Insurance is interesting, I am working in WA, get back for one long weekend a month so not much use, RACV wanted $2800!
I'm sure it'll be worth the wait. There's been a fair bit of conjecture on driveaway pricing of late, & not much info because there's been so few deliveries, so would you care to reveal what your "driveaway" price was. Of course, some don't like to reveal this info, so quite understandable if you choose not to. Regards, Pickles.

I'm sure it'll be worth the wait. There's been a fair bit of conjecture on driveaway pricing of late, & not much info because there's been so few deliveries, so would you care to reveal what your "driveaway" price was. Of course, some don't like to reveal this info, so quite understandable if you choose not to. Regards, Pickles.
Hi Pickles, $116K, I was playing off dealers in August 2022, best deal from outer suburb dealer in Melbourne.
Not great on communication, apparently I got one of their last build dates. I was asking the salesman on Saturday the current wait time for order now and said 12 months. G

Hi Pickles, $116K, I was playing off dealers in August 2022, best deal from outer suburb dealer in Melbourne.
Not great on communication, apparently I got one of their last build dates. I was asking the salesman on Saturday the current wait time for order now and said 12 months. G
That would seem to be a pretty good price IMHO, we've bought our 3 Audis, S3, RS3, then our last, the RSQ3 from Barry Bourke, and they always seem to OK.
Pickles.

Hey Everyone, Merry Christmas to all!

I’m newish, but regard this as a great question!! People tend to be defensive around this.I get asked again and again how much I paid for my car.

I did have an interesting deposit time..

First up, I was quoted $128k for a Sportback, RS Design and Sunroof!!! My local dealer who I thought would look after me…. Pissed off 🤬, I called the next closest dealer while out front.
5 minutes later I was quoted $111.5k for the same spec car. Needless to say I drove 50 minutes and paid my deposit. Ended up adding the Carbon package a week later for a total of $119k drive away.

Picked up 2 months ago and told 5-6% increase on all new cars…….

Should be able to arrange that. I'm North of Wollongong. Cheers, Nick.
I’m happy to meet half way. Maybe Bald hill at Stanwell..? I can be available the next few weeks??
Happy for anyone else close by to bring their car or come for a chat or look.

Should be able to arrange that. I'm North of Wollongong. Cheers, Nick.
I’m happy to meet half way. Maybe Bald hill at Stanwell..? I can be available the next few weeks??
Happy for anyone else close by to bring their car or come for a chat or look.

Apologies out of state 🫤

Hey Everyone, Merry Christmas to all!

I’m newish, but regard this as a great question!! People tend to be defensive around this.I get asked again and again how much I paid for my car.

I did have an interesting deposit time..

First up, I was quoted $128k for a Sportback, RS Design and Sunroof!!! My local dealer who I thought would look after me…. Pissed off 🤬, I called the next closest dealer while out front.
5 minutes later I was quoted $111.5k for the same spec car. Needless to say I drove 50 minutes and paid my deposit. Ended up adding the Carbon package a week later for a total of $119k drive away.

Picked up 2 months ago and told 5-6% increase on all new cars…….
So, which Dealer ended up supplying your car & what does the carbon pack include?

So, which Dealer ended up supplying your car & what does the carbon pack include?
Audi Alto Macarthur (Wollongong first quote)

Side mirror covers, side skirts, rear tail wing, dash trim, and blacked out centre console. Originally it also included engine cover but that seems to have disappeared from AUS spec cars..

It’s expensive for a few bits of carbon. But I really wanted the rear wing and interior appearance.

Last edited:
Back