• Welcome to ozAudi.com If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Rules by clicking the hyperlink.

Note that you are required to register before you can post.

If you experience a problem logging in, drop me an email to admin@ozAudi.com and I'll sort it out for you.

To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

RS3 8Y Ordering and Spec

Audi Alto Macarthur (Wollongong first quote)

Side mirror covers, side skirts, rear tail wing, dash trim, and blacked out centre console. Originally it also included engine cover but that seems to have disappeared from AUS spec cars..

It’s expensive for a few bits of carbon. But I really wanted the rear wing and interior appearance.
Hey 2LIME

I'm in line for a similar spec - in particular I also got the Carbon Pack with a Sportback...may I ask about the "blacked out centre console" ?
I've been looking on CarSales to try compare the centre consoles (of those with Carbon Pack and those without) and all look to be identical to me?

I think it might be a standard option to have the Inlays in the Carbon Atlas finish isn't it - I could be wrong though???

On the topic of the centre console - WHY oh WHY do they have the god awful cigarette lighter just sticking out like that???! This is the only thing that shits me to tears in this car :mad:
Wellllll - that and the fact we can't order with a flat bottom steering wheel actually.
:rolleyes:

On the topic of annoying things - hasn't been a month and already seeing driver's seat creases in the leather, especially the bolsters closest the door.

Even do my best when getting in and out of car to not land my arse on the bolster.

I know not much we can do since leather in these parts are soft as and prone to this happening

Sent from my SM-F946B using Tapatalk

Hey 2LIME

I'm in line for a similar spec - in particular I also got the Carbon Pack with a Sportback...may I ask about the "blacked out centre console" ?
I've been looking on CarSales to try compare the centre consoles (of those with Carbon Pack and those without) and all look to be identical to me?

I think it might be a standard option to have the Inlays in the Carbon Atlas finish isn't it - I could be wrong though???

On the topic of the centre console - WHY oh WHY do they have the god awful cigarette lighter just sticking out like that???! This is the only thing that shits me to tears in this car :mad:
Wellllll - that and the fact we can't order with a flat bottom steering wheel actually.
I’m pretty sure the carbon pack only includes the spoiler, side skirts and mirrors. The cup holders are also not the most effective 😛

Hey 2LIME

Hey 2LIME

Hi Frankster77!

Have a look at the interior pictures of this black SB on Carsales. You will see the dash trim is dark carbon with no lighting and the centre console surround is also piano black.
The standard interior trim has a lighter carbon fibre look trim with matt aluminium added to the front (with lighting) and the the console has the same aluminium surround.

From memory ( I could be wrong 😬) the original carbon package included this. Later in 2023 before the hold on ordering I remember the interior being a separate option to the carbon pack for the exterior.

For some reason it seems a lot of cars delivered so far with the Carbon pack don’t have the interior option.. Personally I would have been pissed if mine had this. I’m not a big fan of the aluminium. Totally agree regarding lighter and steering wheel. No flat bottom was devastating! The round is still nice and hey we all get heads up display now 🫤.

Attachments

• IMG_2408.jpeg
    IMG_2408.jpeg
    237.3 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
Hi Frankster77!

Have a look at the interior pictures of this black SB on Carsales. You will see the dash trim is dark carbon with no lighting and the centre console surround is also piano black.
The standard interior trim has a lighter carbon fibre look trim with matt aluminium added to the front (with lighting) and the the console has the same aluminium surround.

From memory ( I could be wrong 😬) the original carbon package included this. Later in 2023 before the hold on ordering I remember the interior being a separate option to the carbon pack for the exterior.

For some reason it seems a lot of cars delivered so far with the Carbon pack don’t have the interior option.. Personally I would have been pissed if mine had this. I’m not a big fan of the aluminium. Totally agree regarding lighter and steering wheel. No flat bottom was devastating! The round is still nice and hey we all get heads up display now 🫤.
Thanks for the feedback 2LIME, appreciate it!

You obviously know your stuff because that was all very subtle in terms of the differences - at least from the images I have seen, maybe more obvious in real life?!

Interesting comments about the interior carbon option too. After having a look at my "Build Order spreadsheet" from the Dealership, where you select all the build options, I did notice there is a "confusing" scenario with regards to this. I won't try and explain it in words but rather, refer you to the attached...you will likely see what I mean.

Ohh and I found a possible cigarette lighter "solution" (also see attached)
LOL!

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    221.8 KB · Views: 22
  • Lighter options.JPG
    Lighter options.JPG
    68.9 KB · Views: 21
Thanks for the feedback 2LIME, appreciate it!

You obviously know your stuff because that was all very subtle in terms of the differences - at least from the images I have seen, maybe more obvious in real life?!

Interesting comments about the interior carbon option too. After having a look at my "Build Order spreadsheet" from the Dealership, where you select all the build options, I did notice there is a "confusing" scenario with regards to this. I won't try and explain it in words but rather, refer you to the attached...you will likely see what I mean.

Ohh and I found a possible cigarette lighter "solution" (also see attached)
LOL!
Hey Frankster,

No problem. Looking at your order this is the Dark Carbon package (same as mine). It makes a difference in real life :cool:. From reading previous material "Atlas" is the type of Carbon weave Audi quote. Not sure about this as it looks like typical 2 x 2 Twill weave pattern to me... At least Audi has finally gone Matt. I was never a big fan of the gloss carbon for interiors.. I see you have the engine cover too. Hopefully you get yours!

Regarding your Ciggy lighter "solution" :ROFLMAO: :sick: I think i'll keep looking..

Cheers.

For the early orders we were told opting for the full carbon dash would put a delay on our order and Audi were only doing the carbon limited which is that silver strip along the front, I’m glad I waited as I prefer the full carbon dash and it only delayed my order a few weeks but a bit disappointed it doesn’t have the light along the front like the other option. I don’t believe the centre console was available in anything but gloss black but I have seen someone now makes it in the same carbon weave as the dash, not sure I like it though.

For the early orders we were told opting for the full carbon dash would put a delay on our order and Audi were only doing the carbon limited which is that silver strip along the front, I’m glad I waited as I prefer the full carbon dash and it only delayed my order a few weeks but a bit disappointed it doesn’t have the light along the front like the other option. I don’t believe the centre console was available in anything but gloss black but I have seen someone now makes it in the same carbon weave as the dash, not sure I like it though.
Quick clarification. When I say the centre console in black I mean the outside surround raised lip. The cars with the silver strip have a silver surround.

Same boat for me when ordering. I was firm I wanted a car with no deletes. Ended up not taking any extra time at all. I got lucky hearing delays from others..

Audi Alto Macarthur (Wollongong first quote)

Side mirror covers, side skirts, rear tail wing, dash trim, and blacked out centre console. Originally it also included engine cover but that seems to have disappeared from AUS spec cars..

It’s expensive for a few bits of carbon. But I really wanted the rear wing and interior appearance.
What is the blacked out centre consol?

What is the blacked out centre consol?
My description is a bit vague.. the panel with the start/stop, volume, and gear select is piano black
In all cars. The Carbon pack adds a piano black raised surrounding lip. Standard cars have an aluminium coloured lip. (Same colour as the dash front with light)

Cheers.

C

I‘ve seen some people talk about insurance here so just going to let you know of an interesting experience I had today, some of you will be aware of this but some might not look into details enough so it might help.

My insurance renewal came up which doubled in price amazingly so I thought I would give them a call and go through the details of the policy. While the lady rambled on about the policy she got to where the value of the car was insured for which was market value so I pulled her up quickly and asked her what that value actually is, don’t remember the actual number but it was in the 80s. I have new for old replacement if car is totalled in the first three years so never really worried about this point before and basically she didn’t think to much about the market value point either until I asked what would happen if they can’t replace the vehicle because Audi stopped taking orders? I would be paid the market value is what she said. Considering you would pay well over $100,000 for a used low klm fully spec car like mine I didn’t think this was quite right especially when you wouldn‘t even be able to order a brand new one anywhere near the market value price.
In the end my car is insured somewhere else now for agreed value and for nearly half the price of what my renewal was to be.

For anyone out there that hasn’t checked their policy closely I would recommend you do and make sure you have an agreed value set for your car or if the worst happens you will be in for a rude shock.

Hope this helps

I‘ve seen some people talk about insurance here so just going to let you know of an interesting experience I had today, some of you will be aware of this but some might not look into details enough so it might help.

My insurance renewal came up which doubled in price amazingly so I thought I would give them a call and go through the details of the policy. While the lady rambled on about the policy she got to where the value of the car was insured for which was market value so I pulled her up quickly and asked her what that value actually is, don’t remember the actual number but it was in the 80s. I have new for old replacement if car is totalled in the first three years so never really worried about this point before and basically she didn’t think to much about the market value point either until I asked what would happen if they can’t replace the vehicle because Audi stopped taking orders? I would be paid the market value is what she said. Considering you would pay well over $100,000 for a used low klm fully spec car like mine I didn’t think this was quite right especially when you wouldn‘t even be able to order a brand new one anywhere near the market value price.
In the end my car is insured somewhere else now for agreed value and for nearly half the price of what my renewal was to be.

For anyone out there that hasn’t checked their policy closely I would recommend you do and make sure you have an agreed value set for your car or if the worst happens you will be in for a rude shock.

Hope this helps
Good callout Dan!

Hey Frankster,

I have never seen this option from Audi either.. It does have the comment,

- Contrasting roof in black option..

As it had a previous owner i would agree with your guess of aftermarket wrap. (Could be wrong..)

I don't mind the look though.
Cheers.

It has a panoramic roof which takes up most of it, not sure if the section in front and behind comes in body colour or black as my car is black but if the car comes with those sections in body colour then it’s more than likely been viny wrapped

Anyone know how this sedan has a "blacked out" roof ? Aftermarket somehow I guess.....as there is no option for this in Aus to my knowledge.
Flick through the pics
Just curious more than anything
Cheers
It's an Audi option

My dealer had no idea it existed and i had to give him the option code
8fcbc752b3f7fa71ff6a3397e97540bd.jpg

Sent from my SM-F946B using Tapatalk

Hey all,
I've been lurking this thread for a while now waiting for my RS3 to be delivered since ordering in August of 2022. I finally received word from Audi in Perth that my car was built last month (December 2023) however there has been no vessel allocated as yet for transport. I was provided the VIN and nothing comes up when I put it into the Hoegh tracking site so this seems to check out unless course they are using a different shipping company.

So my question - has anyone else had word their car was built in December and have they been able to confirm it has been allocated onto a boat?

I know everyone has waited ages for these cars however In my pessimistic mind I'm just picturing Houthi rebels taking over the ship carrying my 8Y introducing even more delays or putting me at the back of the line....

Cheers,
Blake

Hey all,
I've been lurking this thread for a while now waiting for my RS3 to be delivered since ordering in August of 2022. I finally received word from Audi in Perth that my car was built last month (December 2023) however there has been no vessel allocated as yet for transport. I was provided the VIN and nothing comes up when I put it into the Hoegh tracking site so this seems to check out unless course they are using a different shipping company.

So my question - has anyone else had word their car was built in December and have they been able to confirm it has been allocated onto a boat?

I know everyone has waited ages for these cars however In my pessimistic mind I'm just picturing Houthi rebels taking over the ship carrying my 8Y introducing even more delays or putting me at the back of the line....

Cheers,
Blake
Hey Blake

Mate I'm even more confused on all of this now given I paid & ordered 1st March 2022 (from Perth also) and only just been allocated a proposed build week of 13 for 2024....with no actual proposed delivery date! Never once changed my order details or anything either...so like WTF Audi, seriously?:cautious:

May I ask when did Audi inform you that it was built in December '23? Like did you have prior notification of the Build being for December '23 or did you just receive a random call one day type thing saying "Hey good news Blake your car has been built?" - surely not?

Regardless, don't get me wrong, that's great news for you mate and hopefully it lands sooner rather than later.
Best wishes man (y)

Cheers
Frankster

Back