• Welcome to ozAudi.com If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Rules by clicking the hyperlink.

Note that you are required to register before you can post.

If you experience a problem logging in, drop me an email to admin@ozAudi.com and I'll sort it out for you.

To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

RS3 8Y Ordering and Spec

It's an Audi option

My dealer had no idea it existed and i had to give him the option code
8fcbc752b3f7fa71ff6a3397e97540bd.jpg

Sent from my SM-F946B using Tapatalk
Oh wow really? There is nothing on the build sheet of mine in this regard - do you mind to give me the detail / code please mate?
I wonder if it's only a Saloon option perhaps?

Hey Blake

Mate I'm even more confused on all of this now given I paid & ordered 1st March 2022 (from Perth also) and only just been allocated a proposed build week of 13 for 2024....with no actual proposed delivery date! Never once changed my order details or anything either...so like WTF Audi, seriously?:cautious:

May I ask when did Audi inform you that it was built in December '23? Like did you have prior notification of the Build being for December '23 or did you just receive a random call one day type thing saying "Hey good news Blake your car has been built?" - surely not?

Regardless, don't get me wrong, that's great news for you mate and hopefully it lands sooner rather than later.
Best wishes man (y)

Cheers
Frankster
Hey Frankster,

When it comes to getting information from Audi through this whole process then it's been completely reactive on their end. The only communication I've had initiated by them was to inform me that the price has gone up and I would need to sign a contract amendment if I wanted to keep waiting for the car. I'm sure this was the same for you.

In order to get any updates I've just been text or emailing them every 4-6 months and regarding the build date then this I found out after replying to the email about the price rise. Essentially I said I wasn't keen on paying more unless there was some certainty the car was actually coming in 2024 (had previously been told revised delivery was mid-24). It was at this point they told me "good news the factory is taking your order in December (2023)" and then again I emailed them 2 weeks ago to see if it had actually been built in December and they told me it was built but no vessel allocated yet.

I of course have no idea how the order roulette system works over there at Audi but if it helps mate my spec is white sedan with the carbon package and RS design package. Good luck!

Cheers,
Blake

Hey Frankster,

When it comes to getting information from Audi through this whole process then it's been completely reactive on their end. The only communication I've had initiated by them was to inform me that the price has gone up and I would need to sign a contract amendment if I wanted to keep waiting for the car. I'm sure this was the same for you.

In order to get any updates I've just been text or emailing them every 4-6 months and regarding the build date then this I found out after replying to the email about the price rise. Essentially I said I wasn't keen on paying more unless there was some certainty the car was actually coming in 2024 (had previously been told revised delivery was mid-24). It was at this point they told me "good news the factory is taking your order in December (2023)" and then again I emailed them 2 weeks ago to see if it had actually been built in December and they told me it was built but no vessel allocated yet.

I of course have no idea how the order roulette system works over there at Audi but if it helps mate my spec is white sedan with the carbon package and RS design package. Good luck!

Cheers,
Blake
Hey Blake

Firstly thanks for the reply, appreciate the insight.

Hmmmm I'm no expert on any of this but I've definitely umm lets say "enquired" with them (Perth Audi) a WHOLE lot more often than yourself and in my opinion (just my opinion) you have been very fortunate :D.
Perhaps there was a cancelled order following the price rise and it happened to be the same spec as yours so it got re-allocated to you? Either way, good luck to you! 🤙

Reason I say this though is because after asking Perth Audi (multiple times & to different staff), the procedure to the best of my understanding, was that if you didn't have a build allocation in 2023, then in January of 2024, new build allocations would be given out.
Then depending on your position in the order queue, the allocation number would reflect this. Hope that makes sense?

Now I ordered in March 2022 & was told there were only 6x people in front of me awaiting allocations...so yeh, seems all a bit out of whack?!

It sounds like you didn't ever receive a build allocation/Plan Production Week then as such - is that correct?
The Build Allocation is a "Production Week Number" (PW) which simply nominates a week of the year for your build - which Audi Headquarters issue out to relevant Audi Dealerships.

Look I don't doubt they (the Dealerships) do whatever they can to get cars landed as quickly as possible because ultimately, they don't make money until they deliver the vehicles right? So I'm not suggesting Perth Audi are doing the wrong thing, just was very surprised when you mentioned the above scenario / post. :unsure:
In fact if I am being honest my reaction was much more like - "WHAAAAAT THE F%^$ is going on here then ehhh?!" Ha Ha!!! :LOL:

Anyway, again, hope your beast lands very soon and love to see it one day in the flesh and we can compare rides perhaps mate...mine is a SB in Kemora so quite a different build.
Catch ya.
(y)

Just to provide an idea for lead times, mine was built late Jul-23, was on a Hoegh vessel from Germany mid-Sep, did the Norway-UK-Spain-Africa-Australia route and arrived outside Port Melbourne mid-Nov. Proceeded to float in the waters for 10 days due to delays before berthing, got to dealer mid-Dec and we took delivery the week before Xmas.

Just to provide an idea for lead times, mine was built late Jul-23, was on a Hoegh vessel from Germany mid-Sep, did the Norway-UK-Spain-Africa-Australia route and arrived outside Port Melbourne mid-Nov. Proceeded to float in the waters for 10 days due to delays before berthing, got to dealer mid-Dec and we took delivery the week before Xmas.
:sick:🤮🤮🤮🤮 Damn!!!
Thanks for the feedback regardless....just can't believe it looks like about 2½ years or more from deposit.

Hey Blake

Firstly thanks for the reply, appreciate the insight.

Hmmmm I'm no expert on any of this but I've definitely umm lets say "enquired" with them (Perth Audi) a WHOLE lot more often than yourself and in my opinion (just my opinion) you have been very fortunate :D.
Perhaps there was a cancelled order following the price rise and it happened to be the same spec as yours so it got re-allocated to you? Either way, good luck to you! 🤙

Reason I say this though is because after asking Perth Audi (multiple times & to different staff), the procedure to the best of my understanding, was that if you didn't have a build allocation in 2023, then in January of 2024, new build allocations would be given out.
Then depending on your position in the order queue, the allocation number would reflect this. Hope that makes sense?

Now I ordered in March 2022 & was told there were only 6x people in front of me awaiting allocations...so yeh, seems all a bit out of whack?!

It sounds like you didn't ever receive a build allocation/Plan Production Week then as such - is that correct?
The Build Allocation is a "Production Week Number" (PW) which simply nominates a week of the year for your build - which Audi Headquarters issue out to relevant Audi Dealerships.

Look I don't doubt they (the Dealerships) do whatever they can to get cars landed as quickly as possible because ultimately, they don't make money until they deliver the vehicles right? So I'm not suggesting Perth Audi are doing the wrong thing, just was very surprised when you mentioned the above scenario / post. :unsure:
In fact if I am being honest my reaction was much more like - "WHAAAAAT THE F%^$ is going on here then ehhh?!" Ha Ha!!! :LOL:

Anyway, again, hope your beast lands very soon and love to see it one day in the flesh and we can compare rides perhaps mate...mine is a SB in Kemora so quite a different build.
Catch ya.
(y)
Hey Frankster,

No I think you are 100% correct regarding the nature of the build allocation I was given. From my perspective I was (pleasantly) surprised that mine was being built in December 2023 as the previous 18 months of expectation management from Audi had definitely conditioned me to believe that the car might not even arrive in 2024. It was all very noncommittal for a build allocation in 2024 very much the same it had been in 2022 and 2023. Then as I mentioned before out of nowhere came the news the order was being sent to the factory and then it was built.

So to answer your question though - No I never received a Plan Production Week. In fact I barely received a production month and even if I had I dont think I would have trusted that too much given the rest of the experience.

Keep the faith mate, it sounds like you are frustrated but staying positive which is a similar mindset that I adopted. Looking forward to going for a drive at some point when this is all just a distant memory for us!

Cheers,
Blake

Mine was a cancelled order from VIC and had it transported to SA. That could be an option if you are not getting any confidence from the dealer.

Searching stock on the Audi website it looks like there’s 3 sedans currently in stock (1x NSW, 1x VIC, 1x Gold Coast).

There seems to be a lot more sedans available and SB’s seem harder…

You would have to pay for it to be transported but if there ends up being a price hike it’ll wash out anyway.

So, with a few deliveries occurring now, said to include price increases, does anyone know what sorts of "driveaway" prices are being paid?

So, with a few deliveries occurring now, said to include price increases, does anyone know what sorts of "driveaway" prices are being paid?
Hey Pickles

Yeh so with the price rise they delivered in late '23, the Drive away price for Sport Back with -
Carbon pack (incl Engine cover - hopefully?!)
Sunroof
$120k drive away - that's Perth price which I believe we have higher "on road costs" than rest of Aus??!
(No tint and no paint protection :oops:)
Hope that assists in some way?

FYI - I wanted to get a custom Audi colour and that was quoted at like $8k extra over with wait for it......"an approximate 6 months extra waiting time"

Hey Pickles,
When I picked my car up last October the dealer mentioned the price hike looming but would stick with the original order price. He mentioned it would have been approximately $6k extra. That’s pretty much a 5% increase.
Cheers.

Hey Pickles,
When I picked my car up last October the dealer mentioned the price hike looming but would stick with the original order price. He mentioned it would have been approximately $6k extra. That’s pretty much a 5% increase.
Cheers.
So, you were like Frankster, around $120K driveaway?

A fully loaded Daytona Grey Sportback has appeared at Waverley it seems! With carbon pack etc if anyone is interested.

Attachments

• IMG_5105.png
    IMG_5105.png
    539.8 KB · Views: 20
3 sedans also available. 1 each in NSW (Black), QLD (White) and VIC (Black).

Attachments

• IMG_2458.png
    IMG_2458.png
    194.2 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_2457.png
    IMG_2457.png
    226.6 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_2456.png
    IMG_2456.png
    191.9 KB · Views: 22
Back